Magic Trackpad not working with Bluetooth since Sonoma

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Hi everyone,
I could use some troubleshooting help here.
Since the upgrade to Sonoma, my Magic Trackpad (1st gen) won't properly connected to bluetooth.
The trackpad has been working fine since El Capitan, but since Sonoma it is detected, but won't properly connect.
For the Sonoma upgrade I had to change the SMBIOS to iMac 19.2 and thus change the serial number of the machine, thow it worked while performing the upgrade.
Bluetooth works fine, since I can connect my wireless speaker and bluetooth headset and they work fine on both USB dongles I have:
Broadcom BCM92046DG-CL1ROM Bluetooth 2.1 Adapter
Broadcom BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0

The trackpad keeps connecting and then disconnecting after a second, although it's seen by the bluetooth USB.
I can connect the Magic Trackpad to the laptop and it works fine there on Ventura.
Using OpenCore 0.9.7. I have tried all combinations of kexts (BlueToolFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM3, BrcmPatchRAM3-beta) even the pre-release BlueToolFixup-beta in every combination possible. Basically once I have BlueToolFixup, bluetooth works. The other kexts don't seem to affect anything else.
I have kept clone of the drive from before the upgrade to Sonoma. While booting on Ventura on the same desktop machine, I have noticed that the trackpad doesn't work anymore on Ventura either. Speakers and headset work, the trackpad doesn't.
What else can I try? Thank you!

Last edited:
Only the Broadcom BT on PCIe cards seems to work still on Sonoma with extra kexts. Wifi that is Broadcom based only works with the OCLP patching. I don't think anyone has gotten USB BT working with Sonoma. At least I haven't seen that posted.

Only the Broadcom BT on PCIe cards seems to work still on Sonoma with extra kexts. Wifi that is Broadcom based only works with the OCLP patching. I don't think anyone has gotten USB BT working with Sonoma. At least I haven't seen that posted.
Both bluetooth USB dongles I have work on Sonoma, I can use my Bose headsets and wirreless speaker. It's just the Magic Trackpad that doesn't work.

It's just the Magic Trackpad that doesn't work.
What I was implying was USB BT "working with Apple peripherals." Apple usually doesn't follow industry standards for anything in their products.

Last edited:
What I was implying was USB BT "working with Apple peripherals." Apple usually doesn't follow industry standards for anything in their products.
Update: While trying to connect the Magic Mouse, I see /usr/sbin/bluetoothd crashing, but the report doesn't have much info
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_MEMORY_ERROR at 0x000000010bbe8177

Back