Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

Ok, in the config.plist there are two items to change. You must change the setting Mics/Security/SecureBootModel back to Default and in NVRAM/boot-args, SIP must be fully enabled with 00000000 or it's equivalent value if you are using OpenCore.

Also it greatly helps to get the Incremental Updates instead of the large 12MB or so download if you have the kext RestrictEvents.kext in the kext folder coupled with this boot-arg revpatch=sbvmm in the config.plist.
Hope this helps.
Yes, that helps, thanks. Pain in the patookus, though…

OK, Folks. I deleted amfi=080 and put -amfipassbeta added in exchange to my config string and added AMFIPassbeta.kext. Before, Dropbox was constantly crashing. Now with -amifpassbeta it doesnt. But I cannot log into the Dropbox via an app from Hackintosh. Any advice, please?

Last edited:
View attachment 572749
OTA update no issues with update and no issues so far with GA-Z370P and i5 9600F
Any chance I can take a look at your EFI? I'm running a GA-Z370P with an AMD RX580 - everything was working on Monterey, but no matter what I can't seem to get USB mapping working right in Sonoma and I've got a really long boot time that I haven't managed to debug just yet.

Any chance I can take a look at your EFI? I'm running a GA-Z370P with an AMD RX580 - everything was working on Monterey, but no matter what I can't seem to get USB mapping working right in Sonoma and I've got a really long boot time that I haven't managed to debug just yet.
Actually - sorted it. It was AirportBrcmFixup.kext causing havoc with my boot up and USBs.

Hi there. I've just fixed the built-in wireless support with itlwm. (I'm currently using Monterrey 12.7/Opencore). So with all this success, I have now become brave and braced for future updates :lol:

Since then, I just wanted to ask, is it a good idea to try Sonoma for now with my current setup? I'm a little afraid of missing my wifi again. Maybe its better to calm down a bit and try Ventura first instead? (or even keep Monterrey)

Hi there. I've just fixed the built-in wireless support with itlwm. (I'm currently using Monterrey 12.7/Opencore). So with all this success, I have now become brave and braced for future updates :lol:

Since then, I just wanted to ask, is it a good idea to try Sonoma for now with my current setup? I'm a little afraid of missing my wifi again. Maybe its better to calm down a bit and try Ventura first instead? (or even keep Monterrey)
I’d have stayed with Monterey if I’d known how fiddly it would be. I’ve now got almost everything back using the OCLP but no Bluetooth for some reason. Seems I can get WiFi or Bluetooth but not both!

Initially was unable to upgrade due to old product in smbios (had iMac17,1). I changed it to iMac19,1 with no other changes in ticks, clicks etc in Clover 5.27. Rebooted and then was able to upgrade. After waiting 30-40 min for "upgrade" it booted back into Monterey. Tried it again with the same amount of time upgrading and it worked. It booted into 14.1.1.

One issue though:
Only 1 of 3 screens work now. Settings/displays doesn't see the other 2 screens.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 6.57.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 6.57.23 PM.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 11
Initially was unable to upgrade due to old product in smbios (had iMac17,1). I changed it to iMac19,1 with no other changes in ticks, clicks etc in Clover 5.27. Rebooted and then was able to upgrade. After waiting 30-40 min for "upgrade" it booted back into Monterey. Tried it again with the same amount of time upgrading and it worked. It booted into 14.1.1.

One issue though:
Only 1 of 3 screens work now. Settings/displays doesn't see the other 2 screens.

Suggestions?
Fixed... Updated Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts.

Couldn't upgrade with software upgrade. It said couldn't upgrade on this computer.
So download from App Store and upgraded successfully (more like installed over the Ventura).....

Hi all!

I did manage to succesfull install MacOS Sanoma on my workstation with the latest version of Opencore and the ALPHA version of the Intel WiFi driver including all Apple iCloud services and standby, even Power Nap is working.

There is only a limitation of the AirportItlwm.kext
Handoff and Universal Clipboard are the only supported Continuity features (opens new window).

Is there in Sanoma another card which have the rest of the Continuity features bi-directional? It's not that I miss it, but if there is a change to get that also working... i don't mind :)

It's an 11th gen Intel i5 Rocket Lake.
1701867573300.png

Back