Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just tested it and same result, are you using HDMI or DP?
DisplayPort. I have a DisplayPort to hdmi convertor though for my tv connection.

Did you load the Windows AMD drivers before connecting to OS? That made all the difference for me. Try downloading the drivers using Windows so your rig recognizes the card first, then clover and OS may pick it up better.

DisplayPort. I have a DisplayPort to hdmi convertor though for my tv connection.

Did you load the Windows AMD drivers before connecting to OS? That made all the difference for me. Try downloading the drivers using Windows so your rig recognizes the card first, then clover and OS may pick it up better.

Yes fully working on windows side, would try to do a clean install, although almost sure is the direct hdmi output, hope no.

By the way what system definition are you using and are you positive that the X4000 kext is loading?

Last edited:
390X with current macOS sierra version even worse. System does not even want to finish booting after installation.

I have a z170 with an i5 skylake, so I can only do iMac 17.1, most haswell and prior are using iMac 14.2? I think.
390X with current macOS sierra version even worse. System does not even want to finish booting after installation.

Did you try hitting the space bar at clover scroll down to open without Kexts and caches to get in, then run MultiBeast.

Correct, I reconfigured last night and got in with iMac 14.2, and also MacPro 5.1 without a fake cpuid #.
Are there any benefits with usingMacPro 5.1instead of iMac 17?

Using iMac14,2 instead of 17,1 is beneficial on systems with NVIDIA GPU (black screen issue). MacPro5,1 might be more troublesome because it requires ECC RAM, so I wouldn't suggest using that.

I use MacPro5,1-- and don't have ECC RAM.

In fact, I have 48GB (6 x 8GB-- three sets of 16 GB, each of three unmatched from the other!) of DDR3 1866 RAM running @ ~1400 Mhz.

In my own experience, MacPro5,1 gives better performance/benching results than MacPro3,1. MacPro4,1 has always been a bit of a fail with my setup. In my case, however, all this makes a decent amount of sense since I have a Xeon X5650 and X58 board, so MP5,1 is the closest to a real system. (I'm pretty sure I also ran MP5,1 when I had my I7-950 installed since it provided better benching results than 3,1.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back