Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, on Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards they quote:

"Note on XFX cards:
Many people are reporting problems with XFX cards, especially HD 7xxx / R9 generation. They're using a custom BIOS which can cause a crash upon booting, which can't be fixed in OS X.
A common solution is either flashing a alternate VBIOS on your card (only do if you can recover form a bad flash!) or using Clover to load a compatible VBIOS dynamically (without flashing)."
You may be able to download Asus 480 VBIOS off of their website and use clover to dynamically flash it. Follow the instructions on Florians AMD page and give it a try. Hackintosh really hates XFX for some reason, its best to stray away.

Seen this on MR about RX 480 running on a Mac Pro. Don't know if would apply to a hack. Maybe someone could try it.

Yes, on Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards they quote:

"Note on XFX cards:
Many people are reporting problems with XFX cards, especially HD 7xxx / R9 generation. They're using a custom BIOS which can cause a crash upon booting, which can't be fixed in OS X.
A common solution is either flashing a alternate VBIOS on your card (only do if you can recover form a bad flash!) or using Clover to load a compatible VBIOS dynamically (without flashing)."

Does this issue even affects XFX RX 480 reference models, or just Custom XFX Cards?

We don't know yet if XFX has continued their tradition of writing extremely customized VBIOS, which can / will cause issues with OS X drivers (like they did with almost all HD 7xxx / R9 cards).

I'm quite sure that reference models are fine, and even if they're not you could easily flash a Sapphire / Gigabyte / etc. BIOS onto the card (or dynamically load with Clover).

asus rog strix rx 460 works oob just needs FixDisplay in clover dsdt fixes and igfx enabled in bios

same as the nitro except its clocked slightly higher at 1256 vs 1250 on the nitro

same as the nitro except its clocked slightly higher at 1256 vs 1250 on the nitro

I'm intensely inclined to treat myself a RX 460 after reading your post. I already suspected Polaris 11 would do fine since all points that it will be inside the new line of MacBooks.

I wonder how well Polaris 10 will play with Sierra, specially the RX 470.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back