Contribute
Register

MacOS Sierra 10.12 on Asus X200CA/X550C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H110M-D D3
CPU
i5 6600
Graphics
Zotac GeForce GTX 960
First of all, I'm a complete noob at all this; I've never built a hackintosh, or even owned a Mac before (I borrowed a friend's MacBook Pro to create the bootable installer).

I have both an X550C and an X200CA, of which I've never really used, and I was hoping to be able to get MacOS on one of them. I created the installer, booted into Clover, and selected "Boot MacOS X from USB." The Apple logo appeared, along with a progress bar, but it froze completely about 5 pixels across. If I boot it in verbose mode, it appears to work fine until it reaches the line "AMFILoadTrustedKeysFr" and then it cuts out. The system stops responding completely, and the CPU starts getting really hot. This is the same for both laptops.

Now, I'm not too sure of what I've been doing, but I added "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" to the list of boot arguments, in the vain hope that it might bypass this stage, and whilst it was recognised, and the system claimed that it was disabled, it still got stuck at the same part.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or whether or not I can fix this issue but I've tried all the suggestions I can find and it still won't work. If you have any advice or a solution, they would be greatly appreciated. If there's anything I forgot to mention or upload, please tell me so I can

Specs:

X200CA (Preferred):
Processor: Intel ULV Celeron 1007U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
Chipset: HM70 Express
RAM: 4GB PC3 Generic Soldered Memory

X550C:
Processor: Intel ULV Core i5 3337U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Chipset: Unknown, probably HM70 Express
RAM: 4GB SODIMM DDR3 PNY Memory

Attachments

• nobootargs.jpg
    nobootargs.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 478
  • verbosemode.jpg
    verbosemode.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 601
First of all, I'm a complete noob at all this; I've never built a hackintosh, or even owned a Mac before (I borrowed a friend's MacBook Pro to create the bootable installer).

I have both an X550C and an X200CA, of which I've never really used, and I was hoping to be able to get MacOS on one of them. I created the installer, booted into Clover, and selected "Boot MacOS X from USB." The Apple logo appeared, along with a progress bar, but it froze completely about 5 pixels across. If I boot it in verbose mode, it appears to work fine until it reaches the line "AMFILoadTrustedKeysFr" and then it cuts out. The system stops responding completely, and the CPU starts getting really hot. This is the same for both laptops.

Now, I'm not too sure of what I've been doing, but I added "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" to the list of boot arguments, in the vain hope that it might bypass this stage, and whilst it was recognised, and the system claimed that it was disabled, it still got stuck at the same part.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or whether or not I can fix this issue but I've tried all the suggestions I can find and it still won't work. If you have any advice or a solution, they would be greatly appreciated. If there's anything I forgot to mention or upload, please tell me so I can

Specs:

X200CA (Preferred):
Processor: Intel ULV Celeron 1007U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
Chipset: HM70 Express
RAM: 4GB PC3 Generic Soldered Memory

X550C:
Processor: Intel ULV Core i5 3337U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Chipset: Unknown, probably HM70 Express
RAM: 4GB SODIMM DDR3 PNY Memory

Celeron graphics not supported, so the X200CA is a non-starter.

For the X550C...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

After following many of the suggestions on that page (which I stupidly missed during my first attempt), I've managed to get a lot further. After about 20 minutes, the progress bar gets all the way to the end, and the system doesn't freeze, it just stops doing anything. I confirmed this, because after about 6 hours with it in verbose mode, I touched the touchpad and it spat out a line about how the function keys won't work to disable said touchpad. This happens once only if I touch the touchpad during this process.

I've tried applying different boot arguments, none of them seem to help, and some just slow the whole process down. I've tried all the applicable suggestions in the FAQ you linked to, but that hasn't helped. I've also had a scroll through the big list of solutions for El Capitan in the vain hope that it might have something even slightly useful (it didn't).

I've attached the verbose output for where it stops now, so if you could take a look and offer any ideas, that'd be greatly appreciated. I'll keep trying things myself as well, although I doubt I'll get far.

(Side note: I'm currently doing this on the X550C, but it also seems to work fine on the X200CA despite what you said. I assume that the graphics issue will be more apparent later.)

Attachments

• 20170221_162900[1].jpg
    20170221_162900[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 356
After following many of the suggestions on that page (which I stupidly missed during my first attempt), I've managed to get a lot further. After about 20 minutes, the progress bar gets all the way to the end, and the system doesn't freeze, it just stops doing anything. I confirmed this, because after about 6 hours with it in verbose mode, I touched the touchpad and it spat out a line about how the function keys won't work to disable said touchpad. This happens once only if I touch the touchpad during this process.

I've tried applying different boot arguments, none of them seem to help, and some just slow the whole process down. I've tried all the applicable suggestions in the FAQ you linked to, but that hasn't helped. I've also had a scroll through the big list of solutions for El Capitan in the vain hope that it might have something even slightly useful (it didn't).

I've attached the verbose output for where it stops now, so if you could take a look and offer any ideas, that'd be greatly appreciated. I'll keep trying things myself as well, although I doubt I'll get far.

(Side note: I'm currently doing this on the X550C, but it also seems to work fine on the X200CA despite what you said. I assume that the graphics issue will be more apparent later.)

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".

You did not follow the guide.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
I can't follow the guide entirely, I no longer have access to a Mac. I have a Sierra VM, but as you stated in that very same guide, I shouldn't use it as it can cause corruption of the installer.

If you could point out where I went wrong, that would actually have been slightly helpful.

Side note, I'm using different kexts than the one you provided in that thread, because yours didn't work for me. These ones do so far.

I can't follow the guide entirely, I no longer have access to a Mac. I have a Sierra VM, but as you stated in that very same guide, I shouldn't use it as it can cause corruption of the installer.

If you could point out where I went wrong, that would actually have been slightly helpful.

Side note, I'm using different kexts than the one you provided in that thread, because yours didn't work for me. These ones do so far.

The guide has instructions for correct content in EFI/Clover.

OK, I think I have got everything now, and it still doesn't work.
The last time I tried the config.plist you suggested (1366x768 HD4000), the system wasn't bootable, so I've been using one I modified following the steps of another user with an X550C. Alas, I can no longer find that thread.

Have you any other suggestions besides "Follow the Clover Guide"?

OK, I think I have got everything now, and it still doesn't work.
The last time I tried the config.plist you suggested (1366x768 HD4000), the system wasn't bootable,

If you have an issue, read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back