Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
softwareupdate.png
Today Apple released macOS 14.2.1 Update, a minor software update for macOS Sonoma. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through macOS System Settings.

What we know about 14.2.1 so far...
  • macOS Build 23C71
  • Updated graphics, audio drivers
  • Install macOS Sonoma App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Sonoma from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Sonoma App can be found in the Applications folder.
macOS Sonoma 14.2.1— Restart Required

This update provides important bug fixes and security updates and is recommended for all users.

Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices.

For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit:
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:

Last edited:
macOS 14.2.1 (23C71) with OpenCore 0.9.7
截圖 2023-12-20 03.06.54a.png

Another successful 421.8 MB incremental update via System Settings, seemed a bit quicker this time, either that or I was distracted with gift wrapping!. Disabling BlueToolFixup and adding ‘revpatch=cpuname,pci,sbvmm’ to my boot-args meant I didn't have to download the full installer. Happy Holidays!.
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 4.44.14 PM.png

Totally easy. OC 0.9.7.
1703030502505.jpeg

Updated without any issues, on OC 0.9.7

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 6.28.23 PM.png

Another successful 421.8 MB incremental update via System Settings, seemed a bit quicker this time, either that or I was distracted with gift wrapping!. Disabling BlueToolFixup and adding ‘revpatch=cpuname,pci,sbvmm’ to my boot-args meant I didn't have to download the full installer. Happy Holidays!.View attachment 576199
great!
What you set in 'csr-active-config' and 'SecureBootModel' to get only update?

great!
What you set in 'csr-active-config' and 'SecureBootModel' to get only update?
It has nothing to do with those 2 settings.

You just need RestrictEvents.kext and the argument revpatch=sbvmm in boot-args to receive the incremental update.

All good, using the same settings as my previous post.
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 10.28.47 PM.png

Back