Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
What data goes to Apple if you don't turn off wifi?
When rebooting, I temporarily set iMac 14.2 to boot and then the serial number of the company changed which was already lit up in my Icloud, after installing the patch on the video, my system booted up as IMac 17.1

When rebooting, I temporarily set iMac 14.2 to boot and then the serial number of the company changed which was already lit up in my Icloud, after installing the patch on the video, my system booted up as IMac 17.1
You might want to take a look at the packet filter and it's configuration file

/etc/pf.conf

The simplest mechanism to block everything by default and only pass packets that match explicit rules is specify a first filter rule of:

block all

Success, no issues, updated OS via the App Store, and NVIDIA drivers via the driver manager.

NVIDA-April1.png

10.12.4 upgraded from 10.12.3 via software update.
Everything worked smooth, no issues.

Steps:
1.) update clover first to 4035
2.) reboot to prove new clover is working
3.) update and reboot

pri gfx card works ootb -> NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2047 MB
sec gfx NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 still does not work, as expected (due to lack of drivers)

fact sheet / certified build for audio workstation :
Code:
^ type              ^ chipset                ^ kext                           ^ product                                                               ^
|MOTHERBOARD:       | X58                    | FakeSMC.kex                    | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|BIOS Version:      | FH                     |                                | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|CPU:               | Socket LGA1366 i7      | NullCPUPowerManagement.kext    | INTEL i7 950 3.06GHz                                                  |
|LAN:               | REALTEK RTL8111E       | RealtekRTL8111.kext            | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|AUDIO:             | REALTEK ALC889         | AppleALC.kext, VoodooHDA.kext  | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|GFX:               | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 | (ootb)                         | EVA nvidia GeForce GTX 760                                            |
|SATA south:        | INTEL ICH10R           |                                | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|SATA north:        | MARVELL 9128           | AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext        | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|eSATA:             | JMICRON JMB362         |                                | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|USB 1.2/2.0 south: | INTEL ICH10R           |                                | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|USB 2.0/3.0 north: | NEC uPD720200          | GenericUSBXHCI.kext            | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|USB 3.0 PCIe:      | Fresco Logic FL1100    | (ootb via AppleUSBXHCI )       | Inateck KT4006                                                        |
|FIREWIRE:          | TI TSB43AB23           |                                | GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R                                                 |
|FIREWIRE PCIe:     | TI XIO2213B            |                                | Digitus Firewire 800 / 400 Combo, DS-30203-1                          |
|BLUETOOTH:         | BCM20702               |                                | GMYLE USB Broadcom BCM20702 Class 2 Bluetooth V4.0+EDR                |
|RAM:               | 32GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9  |                                | HyperX Savage HX316C9SRK4/32 32GB (1600MHz, CL9) DDR3-RAM Kit (4x8GB) |

successfully upgrade to sierra, but my the date and time keep moving after reboot. Everyday when I boot up my computer, the date and time move to some time in year 2038.. any idea?
Thanks

Check out my post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-4-update.217169/page-28#post-1467790

I think your clover is old. I had this problem and it solved by updating it with the latest version.
I uploaded clover EFI. use that to boot.
my cpu is 6600K. If you won't be able to boot again, post here so I upload my own EFI and config.plist.
P.S. I was stuck at black login screen same as you, I reckon.

I tried your EFI folder all I get are "+++++++++++++++" Recommendations?

I tried your EFI folder all I get are "+++++++++++++++" Recommendations?

Are you using OsxAptioFixDrv2? Attach Clover folder removing Themes ZIP attach.

Are you using OsxAptioFixDrv2? Attach Clover folder removing Themes ZIP attach.
Yes I am, should I remove it? Also please note about my clover, Unibeast 7.1 does not work correctly, so i am using unibeast then Clover 4045 to reinstall EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I had posted here already about having the same flickering problem that others with ATI based video cards are having, but I have a little more information now, that may give someone smarter than me a clue as to what's going on. I'm using a Radeon HD6670 card, and have been using it with dual monitors since day one with no problems until this update. I discovered yesterday that if one of my monitors was disconnected, the flickering went away! I also noticed that with both monitors connected, under System Information/Hardware/Graphics/Displays both monitors showed they were using 30 bit color; with only one monitor connected, it showed 32 bit color, just as it should. After seeing the post about SwitchResX, I downloaded it and gave it a try. Sure enough, after setting each monitor to millions instead of billions of colors, no more flickering....and System Information is showing 32 bit color for both monitors. Just to add to the insanity, I tried an old NVidia GT440 card I had laying around---black screen, both monitors, no matter what. I tried both the native drivers and the web drivers, nothing worked. Anyone got ay ideas, comments or suggestions?

I have two monitors as well however disconnecting one didn't fix the problem. I confirm however that both displays are shown as having 30-bit color in the System Information. Using DisableMonitor and switching to 32-bit color fixed my problem and now both displays are shown as 32-bit color depth in System Information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back