1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi, here to create another discussion, I have an old MacBook Pro mid 2010 13" with this specs:
intel core duo 2,4 ghz
ram 16 gb ddr3 1067ghz
graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB

I use this pc every day for university and, in my opinion, is still good to use. the only thing that a lot of useful application are not available for this old OS

i was thinking if it's possible to build a recent hackintosh with this laptop. the last OS update for this MacBook is macOS High Sierra

and, for the person who will answer me, it is convenient? this laptop can be run well with a recent OS? or it can be too slowly?

thank you

Hi, here to create another discussion, I have an old MacBook Pro mid 2010 13" with this specs:
intel core duo 2,4 ghz
ram 16 gb ddr3 1067ghz
graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB

I use this pc every day for university and, in my opinion, is still good to use. the only thing that a lot of useful application are not available for this old OS

i was thinking if it's possible to build a recent hackintosh with this laptop. the last OS update for this MacBook is macOS High Sierra

and, for the person who will answer me, it is convenient? this laptop can be run well with a recent OS? or it can be too slowly?

thank you
I had issues with Sonoma and later software running a Mid2011 iMac even with a new sata drive

what software are you needing to run?

Intel core duo 2,4 ghz
It's got a Core 2 Duo CPU. Should work with OCLP and Monterey. Doubt that it will be very fast though.
Give it a try and see if it's good enough for your needs. Any 2.4 GHz dual core CPU will struggle with Monterey or newer.

Screen Shot 2.png

it is convenient? this laptop can be run well with a recent OS? or it can be too slowly?
It was very easy to use OCLP to put Monterey on my 2012 MBP with a Core i7 quad core CPU. I also upgraded it to an SSD for more speed. It runs quite well. I like it. Only problem, it's the 15" model and weighs over 6 pounds !

Last edited:
It was very easy to use OCLP to put Monterey on my 2012 MBP with a Core i7 quad core CPU. I also upgraded it to an SSD for more speed. It runs quite well. I like it. Only problem, it's the 15" model and weighs over 6 pounds !
I can try with monterey but I don’t wanna lose the speed of my Mac.. in these days I search if it’s possible to change the logic board of my laptop with something newer (because I think I upgrade with maximum I can for this laptop) but I don’t know… I already installed an ssd and replace the cd rom with the old native hd. Unfortunately with high sierra I don’t have the possibility to use airdrop and that’s a big limitation for the use that I do.

in these days I search if it’s possible to change the logic board of my laptop with something newer (because I think I upgrade with maximum I can for this laptop)
I would try to find a used 2014/15 MBP instead of swapping the logic board. The prices on Ebay have come down a lot since Apple Silicon MBA's and Pros have gotten so good these days.

The 2015 models can run Monterey natively and would be a lot faster. Airdrop would work too.
Here's how low cost they've gotten. I would buy one in a minute if I needed a laptop. You can also
easily upgrade the SSD yourself with these models. Newer Macs don't let you.

Screen Shot 3.png

Screen Shot 4.png

Last edited:
I had issues with Sonoma and later software running a Mid2011 iMac even with a new sata drive

what software are you needing to run?
any software that works well with my hardware and can permit me to use airdrop

It's got a Core 2 Duo CPU. Should work with OCLP and Monterey. Doubt that it will be very fast though.
Give it a try and see if it's good enough for your needs. Any 2.4 GHz dual core CPU will struggle with Monterey or newer.

View attachment 579141
yeah I think I can try with Monterey and, if I have problem, I can downgrade to Mojave or Catalina. the only thing that I want is to have airdrop working.

the weight is not a big problem in my opinion, these computers are excellent, they can be upgraded very easily, the parts do not cost excessively and they work well even after a long time!

I would try to find a used 2014/15 MBP instead of swapping the logic board. The prices on Ebay have come down a lot since Apple Silicon MBA's and Pros have gotten so good these days.

The 2015 models can run Monterey natively and would be a lot faster. Airdrop would work too.
Here's how low cost they've gotten. I would buy one in a minute if I needed a laptop. You can also
easily upgrade the SSD yourself with these models. Newer Macs don't let you.

View attachment 579148

View attachment 579149
you are very lucky. I'm Italian and here the price are crazy.. on eBay for a 2015 MacBook Pro the price is 350/500$.

update:

anyway, my question is: it should be possible to buy a logic board of a 2015 MacBook Pro and replace in a mid 2010 MacBook Pro case?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-01 alle 18.13.52.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-01 alle 18.13.52.png
    376.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back