Contribute
Register

MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • 10.8.2 Supplemental Update - Link
  • MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0
    • Pre-patched - (Link removed. Against rules.)
    • or Patch it your self:
      • Download update from Apple - Link
      • Download edited Distribution file - Link
      • Open update from Apple using Flat Package Editor
        • Part of Auxiliary Tools for Xcode Developer Preview (OS X Mountain Lion) - Link
      • Replace the update’s Distribution file
      • Save

This way you don't have to mess with changing your SMBIOS.

Good luck,
Alfa

The only thing I changed was my SMBIOS, I used MacBookPro10,1 then I changed it back to MacPro5,1. Plus, I think there must of been something wrong the prior update for Apple to pull it and then release an updated version. Thats why I tried it on my normal system, so far, so good :)

Yeah, I didn't want to mess with my /Extra/smbios.plist. I see now that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing editing the Javascript, commented out the wrong part, and then mis-read the code according to my results.

After correctly doing my Javascript change, it installed just fine over the previous update...

But, really, there isn't much changed here. The only binaries that changed are:
System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemMigration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/FindReaperFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/FindReaperFiles
System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemMigration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/IncompatibleAppDisplay.app/Contents/MacOS/IncompatibleAppDisplay
usr/sbin/securityd

The rest is looks like localization files for non-english languages...

• 10.8.2 Supplemental Update - Link
  • MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0
    • Pre-patched - Link
    • or Patch it your self:
      • Download update from Apple - Link
      • Download edited Distribution file - Link
      • Open update from Apple using Flat Package Editor
        • Part of Auxiliary Tools for Xcode Developer Preview (OS X Mountain Lion) - Link
      • Replace the update’s Distribution file
      • Save

This way you don't have to mess with changing your SMBIOS.

Good luck,
Alfa

Thanks for the download link and guide!! I changed it afterwards, and used Terminal, with the following commands: pkgutil --expand MacBook update 2.0.pkg "MacBook Update" to unpack it to a folder, edited the Distribution file, then used this to make the package again: pkgutil --flatten MacBook Update "MacBook update 2.0.pkg"

is there any benefit of this update I've a 660 with the updated nvidia drivers on there website, its working good enough might wait for 10.8.3

edit; installed this update got a small increase in performance but it was working perfect before anyway

How to update on Fusion Drive? I changed system definition on 3 smbios files in fusion drive but when I try to install i got an error "this update not your system". How to change system definition on Fusion drive?

Hello, I just try to install the MacBookAirandMacBookProUpd2.0 update on my system and therefore I am looking for a way to open the .pkg manually without the installer to get rid of the hardware model´s test. I tried to "show package content" which does not work and to expand the file via terminal where I get this error here:

ulli:Desktop uli$ pkgutil --expand MacBookAirandMacBookProUpd2.0.pkg /Users/uli/Desktop
Error encountered while creating /Users/uli/Desktop. Error 17: File exists

Obviously I am doing something wrong in the Terminal. Could someone help me out here?
Thank you very much

:thumbup:

work with 650m? I've asus n76vz, these updates change something in firmware? so maybe more dangerous for ntebook and windows oprative systems

Just installed a Zotac GTX650Ti with 1GB RAM in my system. Installed the NVIDIA 304.00.05f02 Drivers and everything went smoothly. Checked out the issue with the Quartz-Composer posted earlier in this thread and experienced the same crash. I have not been running this beast long enough to experience any random freezes or other issues.
Downloaded the MacBookAirandMacBookProUpd2.0 and just tried to start it and it worked without modification. My System was still showing MacPro3,1.
Lost Audio and had to reinstall driver from Multibeast.

My Card is now identified as NVIDIA D14P2-30 1024 MB. Everything else seem to work just fine.
Driver shows as 304.10.20f04.

That's what my 650 Ti is showing, too. This will probably be cleaned up when 10.8.3 is released...or 10.9. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back