geforce 9600 gtx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey dudes,

i easily got my machine running with os x lion.
next thing i want to install win 7. i`ve read the instruction on the page here..

- first i make the partitions... ok
- second i install win on the dos partition... ok
- then, i need to install lion again? i already have it on my disk and it works just fine...

why do i have to install it on an another partition again?
what happens if i skip this step after installing win 7?

thank you guys.

I think that Win and OSX require different formatting, OSX requires MacOSextended(Journaled) usually GUID and Win requires NTFS, it is not possible to format a single partition to work with both. Further on startup, you can only have one OS on a partition or else things would get fubar when starting up or installing OS updates.

You can do it this way:

Use Gparted Live USB to make an MBR Partition scheme on the the Hard drive.
Make partitions, NTFS for Windows 7, Apple HFS+ for Lion.
Install Windows 7 to the NTFS partition.

Now install Lion to a sepearte Hard drive formatted with GUID Partition table.
Once you got it working, clone the Lion installtion with Carbon Copy Cloner to the Hdd with Windows on it.
After the clone completes, run multibeast, select Bootloader Chimera, change installation location to the partition you just cloned Lion to. Install it.

Now boot the Hard drive with Windows 7 and OSX on it, if you did it right you will see Chimera Bootloader, you can pick to boot either Windows 7 or OSX Lion here.

If you havent got a spare hard drive, google MBR patch for Lion.

You do not have to reinstall OS X. You need to reinstall Chimera. You can do this by booting with the roboot CD or Unibeast stick. Once you reboot, select your Lion partition, install Chimera again and you should be able to boot from either Lion or Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back