Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinning Beach ball after 1 minute of use..
I installed the DSDT file for my board.. Everything works.. Can't get the video to show proper resolution.. But I've always had video problems on fresh installs.. It's probably my crappy card..

Bummer, Cuz I just bought 10.7.3 from the app store today..Now I don't feel so bad to look for 10.7.2 out there on the inter webs

Update
I went and got the suggested Video card, and I'm up and running
No dual monitor yet..

Update update.. I got both monitors working by adding GraphicEnabler=No The Video card is a ATI 6850 HD

I updated to 10.7.3. I used the stand alone combination update .

After reboot, I re-installed the modified AppleHDA kext from Tmongkols to have sound.

I edited the contents of AppleGraphicsControl.kext in S/L/E. Show package contents then Contents/Plugins, remove ApplePolicyControl.kext. I don't know if I needed to do this last edit, but I did it anyway.

Everything worked as before, except SLEEP.

I am unable to update to 10.7.3. When I attempt to use software update, it says the file is unable to be extracted and may have been faulty download, and when I try to download it directly from the Apple sight I get a checksum error. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:banghead: My 10.7.2 was working just fine but i had to mess it up, now it wont boot and I formatted my HDD. Now the deal is that i upgraded my ram to 12gb and i really dont wanna open my pc to get it down to 4gb again. Can any one point me in the way (if there is any) one how to install any of the MacOS versions with out having to change my ram???

anthony47169 said:
:banghead: My 10.7.2 was working just fine but i had to mess it up, now it wont boot and I formatted my HDD. Now the deal is that i upgraded my ram to 12gb and i really dont wanna open my pc to get it down to 4gb again. Can any one point me in the way (if there is any) one how to install any of the MacOS versions with out having to change my ram???

If you're installing from Unibeast, you shouldn't have to mess with your RAM. I set everything up with the full 16gb in there.

Just finished with the 10.7.3 combo update. Everything is up and running just fine. Did a full backup just in case beforehand and then just did AppleHDA Rollback option with Multibeast.

anthony47169 said:
------------------------------
Hi, the only answer from me is that I didnt follow the specifics with Ram..I have always installed Osx on a Pc with all ram fitted...This particular install in my sig was done with
10 Gb ram installed from scratch..and all the previous installs with all Osx from tiger to current I have installed was exactly the same even on different mobo's etc....BUT saying that nobody has ever been able to explain to me the reason why this is so .....
Give it a go for yourself...[ the guides arn't suggesting anything other than making things easy for everyone as a whole] instead of them having to be personalised...Try different things and experiment [ after all its only your time involved ] :headbang:

Attachments

• 10.7.3 Info.png
    10.7.3 Info.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 346
Decided to finaly update my Lion install to the 10.7.3 revision...
Works like a charm, the only thing i needed to do after the update was to modify AppleHDA and a permissions fix.
Now i have Lion, ML installer, Mountain Lion, all on one GPT disk, and Win8 on another drive...crazy i tell ya!

Awesome stuff! :headbang: Did the 10.7.3 combo update. Everything was fine until the girlfriend wanted to play music and had no sound! (Ooops, girlfriend should've read Tony's forum before doing the update!!!! Naughty, naughty girlfriend!!) :clap: :crazy: :clap:

No harm done though - is up and running beautifully once again. The AppleHDA Rollback option with MultiBeast works like a charm! Thanks Tony!!

PS: Graphic Designer girlfriend is loving her new custom Beast! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back