Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDex said:
Seems like all Fermi cards are having problems due to changed IDs.

Does anybody have a list of Fermi cards with their new corresponding device IDs?

Updated to 10.7.2:

1. Had to re-edit NVDAGF100Hal.kext for my GTX 560Ti graphics resolutions.
2. had to rollback audio
3. iCloud account not working

For the graphics card ids:

Go to System/Library/Extensions/ and open up (Show Package Content) the NVDAGF100Hal.kext.
3. Go to Contents and open up the file info.plist
4. Go to the following line in the file and add your own device id. You have to google for that though:

1200 is GTX560Ti
1251 is GTX560M
1081 is GTX570
1080 is GTX580
1088 is GTX590

<string>
0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x124010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x108010de&amp;0xffe0ffff --> this is 580GTX and was added, change it to your device id
</string>

followed the steps as listed here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 60074.html

@precursor: Thanks for trying to help, but I read lots of posts all over that putting in the 1200 device string for the 560 Ti after the update results in a kp during boot.

Also, sb mentioned before those IDs had changed this time around? Sounds funny, but who knows… either way, would be ugly to lose QE/CI let alone not being able to boot at all. :(

peanutman said:
for all the users having problems dual video cards / efi string, read page 26 on this thread:

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 69&page=26

I have dual 8800GT that always worked before, but broke in 10.7.2, the fix is easy once you know what to do.

The trick is to modify your EFI string. Remove this for both cards:

<key>name</key>
<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

and change the device_type for the first card to:

[quote:2uau7vwp]
<key>device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

and the second card:

<key>device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,Child</string>

(this is only needed once per card, leave the "@0,device_type" style keys alone, only change the "pure" device_type.)

For me this did the trick. It took me 6 hours to find it, but the fix itself was 2min work.[/quote:2uau7vwp]
Huge thanks! After updating from 10.7.0 -> 10.7.2 my Dual GTX460s would only see the second card with both connected and with only 1 connected the resolution was down to 1024x768.

I edited the in.plist as instructed, recreated the HEX file and pumped into my boot.plist and voila the dual gtx 460 gpus work like a charm again! :headbang:

McDex said:
@precursor: Thanks for trying to help, but I read lots of posts all over that putting in the 1200 device string for the 560 Ti after the update results in a kp during boot.

Also, sb mentioned before those IDs had changed this time around? Sounds funny, but who knows… either way, would be ugly to lose QE/CI let alone not being able to boot at all. :(

Hi,

I did not encounter any problem after editing NVDAGF100HAL.KEXT. Before edting I was stuck with 1024x768 resolution. After editing, I got back all the available resolution. Now running at 1680x1050. Also got back QE/CI.

Suggest you backup before trying this.

Cheers.

ProjectY said:
For a fix for 10.7.2 on a EP45T-UD3LR

Have a look here

(Edit) Now Have the Correct address Sorry

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=270117

Good luck

Ray

Awesome, I'll have to give this a shot tomorrow.

After uber failure, I have partitioned my drive as follows:
MACHINTOSH (730GB)
HOME (200GB)
HACKINTOSH TEST (70GB)

The MACHINTOSH partition is my main installation which I will do no tampering with until a foolproof plan can be initiated.
The HOME partition is where I relocated my home folders so if I do screw up my installation, I wont have to reformat my files along with the OS.
Finally, the HACKINTOSH TEST is, as you probably guessed, for testing new updates and such.

I think this will safeguard me from any future oopsies.

I can reinstall Lion from my thumb drive to the Test partition in about 10 minutes in the event of a failure. As soon as I can, Ill test this fix's validity.

One thing I'm not sure of though is my ability to boot back into the OS at all. This fix requires you to reboot into Safe Mode in the event of a KP. We'll see!

UPDATE: This did work, however not easily. Very soon I will be doing a writeup on my entire journey (1 week journey) into my first Hackintosh. In this, I will include what I did to make this work. As of now, I had way to many variables in my success compared to all of my failures (which were nearly identical scenarios) to give an accurate tutorial. Stay tuned for a link to this.

Just sound driver re install on my
ga x58 ud5. i7 920 6b ram. 8800gt
plus I cant log onto icloud I get the following.
I have tried multibeast with Extension Migration Tool
but still get the following...

Account limit reached
This device is no longer eligible for creating an Apple ID.

Quickly, here's what I did do. I will do more tests tomorrow to verify what actually fixed my problem.

After trying to install 10.7.2 on both 10.7.1 and 10.7 it resulted in a continuous KP. I was getting stuck at [pci configuration.... blah blah blah on the next boot.

a straight -x boot did nothing.

It was only while using the rBoot disk along with -x -v that I got results (any other combinations of these 3 things resulted in the previous "stuck" point.

The url quoted in my previous message led me to a extra/smbios.plist edit that, at first did nothing. I continued reading to discover that the edit was changing something to do with a computer ID. The listed code was for a Mac Pro 5, 1 (a quick googling led to a geekbench results page telling me this). I used multibeast to change my Hachintosh to just that. This resulted in the same "stuck" error as before. I used rboot and -v -x to get back in to discover the second go when I changed ID by multibeast, I did not edit smbios.plist.

After doing this and running easybeast & utilities I now have a working 10.7.2 machine.

The variables mentioned earlier were that this was a fresh install and I had not used multibeast to:
restore sound
restore ethernet
make the HDD look internal
fix motherboard stats

In all of my failed attempts, I had all of these Items working thanks to Multibeast.

Tomorrow I will begin with a fresh install and all of the hardware working and work back from there.

Recap:
Added
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
to SMBios.plist

Changed System Definitions (via MultiBeast) to MacPro 5,1

Successfully installed 10.7.2. Reboot

Got stuck at apple logo

Booted with rBoot & -v -x

Ran EasyBeast and Utilities.

Cheered loudly at successful restart!

Status