Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack said:
I need help guys, I downloaded the 10.6.8 Combo Update from the link here, installed it, installed the new nVidia drivers, and then went to install MultiBeast (newest version.) For some reason, no matter what configuration I selected with MultiBeast, the installation would tell me that it failed. I assumed that I could just restart and boot into my HDD with iBoot then run MultiBeast from there. I was clearly wrong. Whenever I try to start up without iBoot, I get stuck on the Apple screen. When I try to start up with iBoot, I click on iBoot, I get a Kernel Panic, I click on Snowleopard, I get stuck on the Apple screen. Safe mode also sets me to the Apple screen and keeps me stuck. Can someone PLEASE help me get back into my OS so I can try and get MultiBeast to work. Also, does anyone know why MultiBeast wouldn't work in the first place?
Thanks, and please get back to me as soon as anyone can.

Here's where I freeze (-v):
Find and read my first post in this thread. All your problems in 2 strings in DSDT.aml.
The proposed methods are more complicated and are linked with an attempt to circumvent the error DSDT. If you delete DSDT, to continue the boot, but stops further. Therefore propose to put in the "Snow Leopard" additional kexts.It is strange that nobody here has not responded to my suggestion solve the problem, but my countryman ... Russian. ;)

at verbose mode i got this screen.

img0313gr.jpg

I have a backup from timemachine before the (bad) update to 10.6.8. If i insert the SL dvd will i be able to go back without any scratch to the 10.6.7?

I tried already to move through the windows partition the kexts from the backup from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 these kexts:

AppleACPIPlatfotrm.kext
IOCPIFamly.kext

But still i cant boot i stay stacked at the gray screen apple logo without spinning wheel.

Greetings from greece.

The 10.6.8 upgrade with 8400GS, GA-P55M-UD2, i7 went smoothly here just running from the Software Updater.

I did have to roll back the audio driver with MultiBeast to restore sound.

Updated to 10.6.8 with no problems using the Combo installer but i can no longer update my apps on the Mac App Store (MAS). Keeps returning the message No GUID available. But it works fine on my MBP. Is this apples way of saying Hackintosh users cant update to Lion via the MAS and have to look for alternatives? is anyone else having issues?

I have updated to 10.6.8

The First attempt to update from 10.6.7 was unsuccessful. Maybe because of my impatience.
After fresh installation of 10.6.0 + 10.6.7 Combo Update + Bridge Helper I repeated update:

1. Combo Update was failed by KP almost at the end of installation
2. I reboot manually
3. OSX was rebooted automatically on first boot
4. No any animation gear but after some minutes I was in updated OSX 10.6.8. without sound and network but with corrupted Finder.
5. I have installed 10.6.8 Combo update from the terminal. It was successful in that case.
6. I have installed audio rollback, network and bootloader by multibeast 3.7.3 from terminal
7. During reboot there are no animation gear. But the OS have loaded and worked.

Why there are no animation gear on boot? ;)

My system crashed during the combo update, and was unable to start up after reboots (tried every thing).

I then booted on my backup system and installed the comboupdate to the crashing system disk.

Now everything works (benchmarks are sligthly better) except:

No sound (expected, but I use an external firewire audio interface anyways)

No spinning wheel during boot?!?! I see that others have the same issue, is it anything I should worry about?

hi.
i've tried twice to install the 10.6.8 update combo.
once from a 10.6.7 installation and one from 10.6.3 retail.
the problem is that after updating to 10.6.8, when i try to install multibeast ,both 3.7.2 and 3.7.3, (with same options than the previous succesfull installation), it crashes before the end of the installation. when i reboot, i have kernel panic.
what can i do? i have seen that other people has the same issue.

I have mac os X until 10.6.7 working, except recognizing and acceleration of graphic card (ati 6970), now I tried to install 10.6.8 update (downloading, not with software update) and once installed I restarted without running multibeast and all was ok until after the apple logo the screen become black (it seems power off) and don't give kp but stay in this way untill you power off or restart... :beachball: any ideas? :( I think it could be the GPU, but what I could try?
thx :headbang:

anderspe said:
I then booted on my backup system and installed the comboupdate to the crashing system disk.

How do I do this? I have installed 10.6.0 and that boots, and I have used CCC to clone it to another HDD, but when I run the 10.6.8 updater package and choose destination it won't let me choose anything other than the currently booted / running disk.

I need a little hand here. I updated and it rebooted before i was able to rollback to the older USB kexts, now when i boot I cant use my keyboard or mouse or anything!
Could someone tell me what commands I should use to copy over the kexts from my USB to SL while using terminal in the retail disk.
Any advice is much appreciated.
(also can someone point me to where i can find the kexts, thanks :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back