Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bmas said:
After update to 10.6.8, receive [PCI configuration begin]. Repair it, by replacing AppleACPI & IOPCI kexts, from my SL 10.6.7. I see other guys have this problem.
Just info for anybody else, to backup before update those kexts..
I didn't made any backup :oops:

Could you upload this files for us ?

Thanks

TouchMyBox said:
marksest said:
Did either of these solutions work for you?

Yep. I'm enjoying my hackintosh at full resolution with acceleration on my 5870 right now...
Which one? How do you put OS X into sleep mode with no display? Do you have to do it on every start up? Thanks

marksest said:
TouchMyBox said:
marksest said:
Did either of these solutions work for you?

Yep. I'm enjoying my hackintosh at full resolution with acceleration on my 5870 right now...
Which one? How do you put OS X into sleep mode with no display? Do you have to do it on every start up? Thanks

I have it set up in my bios that a quick tap of the power button puts the computer to sleep. I think this is default on most machines.

And yes, I have to do it every time. :(

Yelrac said:
bmas said:
After update to 10.6.8, receive [PCI configuration begin]. Repair it, by replacing AppleACPI & IOPCI kexts, from my SL 10.6.7. I see other guys have this problem.
Just info for anybody else, to backup before update those kexts..
I didn't made any backup :oops:

Could you upload this files for us ?

Thanks
Here you are :thumbup:

Attachments

• ACPI + PCI 10.6.7.zip
    491.8 KB · Views: 791
TouchMyBox said:
marksest said:
TouchMyBox said:

I have it set up in my bios that a quick tap of the power button puts the computer to sleep. I think this is default on most machines.

And yes, I have to do it every time. :(
Well I could see that getting slightly tedious, thanks for the help.

Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 V1
NVIDIA 9800 GTX+

Working :)

After updating i have loaded the old kexts.

:headbang:

for those who are stuck at the white apple screen after using -x, if you got a spare mac lying around, u can try using share screen to access the the hackintosh.

Just went through the thread but found no mention of Asus Z8Z68 V-Pro

Has anyone tried it on that?

First install was interrupted suddenly and I got a kernel panic,
after 2 reboots, osx was ok but some kind of slow. Then i reinstalled the combo update and now it seems faster than before, but slower then 10.6.7

Now i'm trying to reinstall Nvidia Drivers.

I've got a KP so i'm back again with 10.6.8 files...

But many thanks for your help :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back