Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.7 Early 2011 MacBook Pro Sandy Bridge Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Everytime I set the busratio to 32 (10.6.7 & 10.6.6), the graphics card slows down and lags, although mouse movement is perfect. Is this possibly the power supply? I'm currently running it on an Antec Earthwatts 380. I know it's a bit low, the friend I'm making this for bought the wrong one... :x

My setup and tests below:

Currently running 10.6.7 mbp2011 install with march 6 vanilla kernel on GA-P67A-UD3, i5 2500k, Gigabyte ATI 5850. Can only boot with busratio set to 32 or lower (BIOS).

Before, on 10.6.6, using legacy_kernel, busratio 33 (default), mbp2011 ati kexts from multibeast, I had no graphics issues (b/c busratio was at default), but the mouse was slightly off. When I raised the busratio above default, graphics was on a FAST FORWARD speed. Even in WoW, I was able to run and fly faster than anyone else, almost double their speed (I tested this with a friend, seems like a hardware hack ).

Also, I tried a GTX460 (which I've returned b/c of freezes) and I was experiencing the same graphics lag when busratio was not at default. So this makes me think that it's not the graphics card/kexts... tried with both DSDT and w/o.

Currently have FakeSMC, NullCPU..., USB 3.0, Lnx2Mac from Multibeast. ALC892Enabler. Chameleon 747.

dclee said:
Question: Everytime I set the busratio to 32 (10.6.7 & 10.6.6), the graphics card slows down and lags, although mouse movement is perfect. Is this possibly the power supply? I'm currently running it on an Antec Earthwatts 380. I know it's a bit low, the friend I'm making this for bought the wrong one... :x

I had the exact same problem until I installed the Chameleon from Multibeast specifically for SandyBridge (I think its 709). That worked where 748 and 750 did not. Now I'm happily using my GA-P67A-UD7 with an i7 2600 (can't get above 32 on the ratio, however).

dclee said:

My setup and tests below:

Currently running 10.6.7 mbp2011 install with march 6 vanilla kernel on GA-P67A-UD3, i5 2500k, Gigabyte ATI 5850. Can only boot with busratio set to 32 or lower (BIOS).

Before, on 10.6.6, using legacy_kernel, busratio 33 (default), mbp2011 ati kexts from multibeast, I had no graphics issues (b/c busratio was at default), but the mouse was slightly off. When I raised the busratio above default, graphics was on a FAST FORWARD speed. Even in WoW, I was able to run and fly faster than anyone else, almost double their speed (I tested this with a friend, seems like a hardware hack ).

Also, I tried a GTX460 (which I've returned b/c of freezes) and I was experiencing the same graphics lag when busratio was not at default. So this makes me think that it's not the graphics card/kexts... tried with both DSDT and w/o.

Currently have FakeSMC, NullCPU..., USB 3.0, Lnx2Mac from Multibeast. ALC892Enabler. Chameleon 747.
Are u using a dsdt ? I had this issue when using a dsdt after updating ! I simply reinstalled the update again on top and ran bridgehelper and multibeast again . This fixed my slow graphics issue .
Hope this helps

thnx bazzazz, will try that later!

Hi.. I decide to instal the MBP10.6.7 update.. First I try just the ATI KEXT, and my card Sapphire HD4670 get to run natively .. Then I change my smbios.plist and everything to update with MBP10.6.7 ...
Now .. After update I receive message
Code:
[PCI configuration begin]
and this msg stay on the screen .... forever (few times change to White, then Blue screen, but nothing more) .. What is the reason .. Is there anyone else with the same problem .. and probably decision .. ? :crazy:

theta2099 said:
dclee said:

I had the exact same problem until I installed the Chameleon from Multibeast specifically for SandyBridge (I think its 709). That worked where 748 and 750 did not. Now I'm happily using my GA-P67A-UD7 with an i7 2600 (can't get above 32 on the ratio, however).

Awesome, it worked perfectly. You just made my day!

I can't get this working with my XFX 5770. It never worked before with anyone's guides, tips or advice, so I redid the system using an 8800 GTS and it worked fine with GraphicsEnabler and NVEnabler. So, I updated to 10.6.7 with System Update, turned off GraphicsEnabler and removed NVEnabler and rebooted. I then shutdown, put in the 5770 and I'm stuck with the same problem: It works up to when it tries to go into the GUI and then stops. The windowserver.log file says it can't load or initialize (I forget which) the framebuffer.

:banghead:

dclee said:
theta2099 said:
dclee said:

Awesome, it worked perfectly. You just made my day!

:clap: that's great ! Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back