Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lost my Ethernet card driver after installing 10.6.4. Reinstalling kext doesn't help. (
Lan cards are: Marvell 88E8056/88E8001. Any suggestions please?

MacMan said:
This update fixes the USB wake from sleep issue. :headbang:

Recap of the issue:

USB 1.1 devices (keyboard and/or mouse) directly connected to motherboard USB ports when used to wake up a sleeping system would lose power and would need to be unplugged and replugged to restore device. If the device was plugged into a powered hub there was no issues.

is there anything i have to do to get my devices to wake the computer from sleep? no matter how many keys i press on the keyboard, it won't do a thing until i press the power button on the computer. (that's the only way i can get it to wake from sleep)

taniwhahunter said:
I had updated 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 earlier yesterday and found audio was broken in the process. I restored through the audio roll back process.

The only weird performance problem I cant get my head around at the moment is the ultra slow boot - well ultra slow compared to before the update. GUI loads, then dock and menu bars load but it hangs waiting to recognise my drives and mobileme. I thought to hell with that and tried to restore back to 10.6.3 through time machine but nothing has changed. SL is still 10.6.4

Anyone else suffering from a slower than normal boot? :beachball:

i notice the same exact slow boot. it kind of stops for a while.... and then boom everything loads. much sloewr than 10.6.3.

gonna try a repair permissions and see what that does.

ALSO, gonna update my macbook pro and see if it's also slow to load!

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: ....I faced a problem a month or so ago where after waking the screen it would come up all pixelated - that was running 10.6.3. Tony suggested I download and run a program called Onyx. Running maintenance cleaned up all my caches and after the restart everything began to function normally again.

Thats when thought hang on.....what if running Onyx now could fix my slow boot issues after the 10.6.4. Sure enough I ran Onyx - rebooted - and hey presto its like magic :headbang:

So if you guys dont have Onyx and have a few glitches that may be related to dirty caches then follow this link to my old thread where Tony has put up the link.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2407
:lolno: :lolno:

Hey guys just installed the update, I was scared at first but it booted without problems
it even fixed my sound issue lol. :D

Didn't have to do anything.

10.6.3 to 4

Well, i finally took the plunge and went from a perfectly working 10.6.2 to a non-working 10.6.4. Panic right after boot. Get error: Version mis-match between kernel and CPU. Any suggestions? TIA
:banghead: :cry:

Ok, guys!
I just updated my love to 10.6.4

After reboot I went straight into kernel panic due SleepEnabler ... nah :lol: ... I just removed SleepEnabler.kext + Extensions.mkext from Extra and Extensions.mkext from S/L/E (Made from Windows :twisted: )

After that I had smooth boot into 10.6.4 However without audio and full graphics acceleration ... So I reinstalled AppleHDA.kext + NVEnabler 64.kext + made new Extension.mkext's + Repaired permissions

and viola ... Fully working Again :p

BTW: iPhoto is like rocket ;)
10.6.4ã§å¹¸é‹ (good luck with 10.6.4) ... I just fall in love with japanese language :rolleyes:

so i just repaired permissions in disk utility. that took care of my slow OS loading problem.

USB is not working for me, I get to the login screen and then obviously I can't do anything. I see another user dropped his DSDT into /Extras, but im not exactly sure how to edit DSDTs and such. Anyone got a quick fix? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back