1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What browser do you use most often? What do you prefer? And why? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Hac Pro.ioreg.zip
    497 KB · Views: 174
Firefox cause I'm used to it, adblock, noscript and sync. I was considering moving to chrome but I read that firefox 4 seems to be equally fast so I'm sticking around till then. That and my system is fast enough that I don't think I would now notice anything faster.

Firefox has great features and addons- but Safari is faster- and Chrome is faster still. I'm also waiting for Firefox 4- had to switch from Firefox recently due to lack of HTML5 support :thumbdown:

But now i'm loving the added speed of Safari & Chrome- great! If you haven't tried, you really should.

Well this is certainly a hot topic.

I've switched browsers a lot over the years. I got OS X in 2002, starting with 10.1.x which came with IE 5.1 pre-installed. Those were the days when IE 5 for mac was the best web browser out there, but (thankfully) that soon changed.

I switched to Mozilla 0.9.x at some point, then switched again to Camino 0.x to get the more Mac-like feel with the same Gecko experience.

When Firefox came out, I switched again because it was new and good and fast and had extensions and et cetera. Though I'm not really big on extensions, the only one I used very regularly was FireBug.

With Apple's release of Safari, I followed my brand loyalty and switched again. It helped that it was faster and more Mac-like than Firefox. I used Safari for a number of years, not really missing anything from Firefox (once again, not an extensions guy).

Finally, when Chrome came out for Mac, I switched yet again, drawn by the speed with which the program both opened and loaded web pages. It bothered me for a while that Java applets didn't work, but a later release managed to fix that. It also had some issues with Flash for a while, but one of the releases in the last few months has fixed that as well. I even use an extension or two - LastPass for my internet passwords and a plugin for Google Reader.

If my history is any indicator, I'll probably be switching again in some months/years. It's a fun ride. :thumbup:

I don't like that I cannot delete browsing history in Chrome, at least I think I can't. Maybe I missed something... :think:

I already had a bunch of bookmarks stored for Firefox so that's also why I keep using it.

Safari because of the integration, and it does what I need. Plus I have to support it at work so its usually a good idea to use the products you support :D

And with Safari & Chrome you get the cool spinning Resources link :lol:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-08 at 1.46.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-12-08 at 1.46.23 PM.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,598
My vote doesnt really count because i have all of them lol.

there all in my dock and i just use the one i feel like using that day. But Chrome and Safari are definately tied for first place i i had to only choose one it would be chrome.

beelzebozo said:
I don't like that I cannot delete browsing history in Chrome, at least I think I can't. Maybe I missed something... :think:

I already had a bunch of bookmarks stored for Firefox so that's also why I keep using it.

You can. Chrome -> Clear Browsing Data... (shift-command-delete)

Screen shot 2010-12-08 at 1.49.22 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-08 at 1.49.22 PM.png
    45 KB · Views: 1,597
Burninator said:
beelzebozo said:

You can. Chrome -> Clear Browsing Data... (shift-command-delete)

Yes, but it has to be done manually every time right? o_O

Attachments

• 10.8 DP4 ATI Kexts.zip
    972.5 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back