Contribute
Register

Mac App Store- Your device or computer could not be verified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, sorry for the noob question, but I used MultiBeast to install Realtek Gigabit Ethernet kexts.

It says:

Official Realtek 2.0.6 for 10.7 driver for 81xx Ethernet controllers. Installs AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

How are there sub-folders within the kext and how can I get to them to delete this kext?

Thanks,
Matt

matts said:
Also, sorry for the noob question, but I used MultiBeast to install Realtek Gigabit Ethernet kexts.

It says:

Official Realtek 2.0.6 for 10.7 driver for 81xx Ethernet controllers. Installs AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

How are there sub-folders within the kext and how can I get to them to delete this kext?

Thanks,
Matt
You're welcome. :thumbup:

And you can leave it there, if it doesn't cause any issues.
If you have network related issues, install Latest Lnx2mac Drivers.
And If you still want to access to that file you should do this:
Find..
/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext
-First and important Back it up to desktop. (if something happens you can revert with backup)
-Right click on IONetworkingFamily.kext with mouse.
-Select Show Package contents.
-There you can find /Contents/PlugIns.

Good luck.

Thanks Mak1,

How can I fix how my network interface is listed? For some reason, three ethernet adaptors are being listed.

I just finished Methods and 1 and 2, when adding Ethernet, I still get this:

Ethernet Adaptor (en0)
Ethernet Adaptor (en1)
Ethernet Adaptor (en2)

Will editing (instead of deleting) my NetworkInterfaces.plist allow me to fix my network interface?

Thanks,
Matt

matts said:
Thanks Mak1,

How can I fix how my network interface is listed? For some reason, three ethernet adaptors are being listed.

I just finished Methods and 1 and 2, when adding Ethernet, I still get this:

Ethernet Adaptor (en0)
Ethernet Adaptor (en1)
Ethernet Adaptor (en2)

Will editing (instead of deleting) my NetworkInterfaces.plist allow me to fix my network interface?

Thanks,
Matt

They are generated when you change things on Network options.
Did you installed Lates Lnx2Mac dirvers? If not i reccomend you to install.
I only have:
-Latest Lnx2Mac driver
-PciRoot=1 ,EthernetBuiltIn=Yes (in org.chameleon.boot.plist)

And no appstore, icloud issue. It is recognized as Ethernet.
You mobo is similar to mine, Try above steps. And also Method 2.
Anytime you make change on driver, repeat method 2.

Thanks Mak1, I installed the latest Lnx2Mac drivers per your suggestion a couple messages back. I also have the additions you mentioned in my org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I also repeated Method 2 afterwards, but the three adaptors are still coming up. Where should I look next?

Thank you for your help.

Matt

EDIT: I should also add that right after I installed the Lnx2Mac drivers, the audio started working! Go figure.

matts said:
Thanks Mak1, I installed the latest Lnx2Mac drivers per your suggestion a couple messages back. I also have the additions you mentioned in my org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I also repeated Method 2 afterwards, but the three adaptors are still coming up. Where should I look next?

Thank you for your help.

Matt

Try to disable other ethernet port, just leave one. Use bios settings to do this.

Mak 1 said:
Try to disable other ethernet port, just leave one. Use bios settings to do this.

Ok, succeeded in getting down one adaptor. But it was still showing up as Ethernet Adaptor (en0). I checked it out in System Profiler and it's still using AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext. So I unpacked IONetworkingFamily.kext, removed the kext and reinstalled using Kext Utility. Repaired permissions in Disk Utility.

Then I went through Method 2 before restarting.

Bring up Network and there is no option to add Ethernet. Apparently Lnx2Mac is not working correctly on my machine. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

I'm getting close, but still having problems

- Realized that Lnx2Mac was having a problem with my ethernet card, so I switched to onboard ethernet and it worked.
- Went all the way through Method 3 and when adding Ethernet, it lists as 'Ethernet' instead of 'Ethernet Adaptor (en0)'. App Store let me sign in.
- BUT, when I added the EFI string to org.chameleon.boot.plist, it messed up my graphics. It still works but is displaying at the incorrect resolution and my other monitor isn't working. I am using an NVidia GPU (GeForce 9800 GTX) and it was working fine without an EFI string.
- So then I went back into EFI Studio and added BOTH GeForce 9800 GTX and Ethernet, then pasted this combined hex into the org.chameleon.boot.plist hex string.
- Boot up failed on loading GUI.
- Booted into the SL installation on separate drive and removed the hex string in org.chameleon.boot.plist.
- Booted back into Lion. App Store still has me logged in, BUT it won't let me authenticate to download any of my apps.
- Started up EFI Studio and put the Ethernet hex back into org.chameleon.boot.plist, rebooted, did Method 2. This time, the Ethernet is listed as 'Ethernet Adaptor (en0)' again and I can't get in to the App Store and graphics are working.

I'm not sure why the EFI string didn't have the same effect it had the first time I inserted it.

Here's my org.chameleon.boot.plist:
Code:
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>device-properties</key>
	<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600041c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>

Thanks,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back