Contribute
Register

Mac App Store- Your device or computer could not be verified

Status
Not open for further replies.
dpetree said:
This is just a question but i think it might be worth a shot.

Do you think it would hurt anything to add that line as in this thread even though all my stuff is working ok? I mean, the app store works fine, my internet works fine.

The only problem i have been having over the last 2 months is getting iCloud to work. It keeps telling me

"Cannot sign up" - This device cannot be used to sign up for a free MobileME account. SIgn up using your iPhone4,ipad or ipod touch (4th Gen)

And all the console logs show is

"The Operation couldn\u2019t be compleated (AOSErrorDomain error 1000.)

Now,like i said, icloud works fine on my real macbook pro and my other real Mac Pro and they both "just connect". SO, there has to be some sort of checking or something saying this device (hackintosh), is not a real mac, or something.

So, my thoughts were to maybe try that same line as in the AppStore issue to see if that might help me get connected to my iCloud account. It sucks because i need my mail and its all on iCloud...haha

Do you know that you can Authorize your account only for 5 devices at a time?
Maybe thats your problem. If this is the problem you can deauthorize one of them then try to connect with your hackintosh.

Its actually 10 devices now, but no, it has nothing to do with iTunes, its iCloud. And iCoud does not have a limit on it.

dpetree said:
Its actually 10 devices now, but no, it has nothing to do with iTunes, its iCloud. And iCoud does not have a limit on it.

ok. thanks for the information. i am sorry i can't give further information about your issue but you can visit http://www.insanelymac.com , another good hackintosh forum. You may find solution there

Mak 1 said:
...Did you tried this one?
1-Delete the configuration in network preferences. (hit the - to delete).
2-Inside YourRootPartition>Library>Preferences>System Configuration.
Delete:
-com.apple.network.identification.plist
-NetworkInterfaces.plist
3-Reboot
4-Go to network preferences and create new network service. (hit the + to create)
This works! I just had this problem on a new Lion install. Performed all 4 steps and the MAS loves me again. :clap:

Ok, this is for anyone left that still having a problem with this. After a week of plugging away at it I managed to come up with a fix it on my system… so I'm sharing it.

The important point is this is for the people who've recently built a new system. As it specific to newer versions of Chameleon. The "Ah Ha!" moment came from when when I read what infogeick posted at Kexts:

That is correct. It is right.
The newer builds of Chameleon (not sure from which version) automatically renames the apple.boot.plist file to org.chameleon.Boot.plist. This is a new feature in Chameleon. It is the same file so that is the one you need to edit. You can leave the smbios.plist file alone.

This whole time I was either editing "com.apple.Boot.plist" in either (or both) the "/Extra" or "Library/Preferences/System configuration/". As above, turns out I was editing the wrong files all along.

So the fix was essentially aae55555's instructions here:

To do this i:
- downloaded EFI Studio, selected Ethernet, selected Add Device. Then clicked write to com.apple.boot.plist.
- Then went to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/apple.com.boot.plist and selected the new key and string it added.
- Then coped this string and pasted into the /Extra/apple.com.boot.plist file and saved.

Then important STEP!
- Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.
- Delete deleting library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file.

* Finally, Reboot.

After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet.

However, and this is the important part that I haven't seen written anywhere, instead of editing "/Extra/apple.com.boot.plist" try editing "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" instead. This had immediate results, so give that a go.

So a super huge thanks to both aae55555 and infogeick at Kext's for their comments that spurred my solution!

dpetree said:
This is just a question but i think it might be worth a shot.

Do you think it would hurt anything to add that line as in this thread even though all my stuff is working ok? I mean, the app store works fine, my internet works fine.

The only problem i have been having over the last 2 months is getting iCloud to work. It keeps telling me

"Cannot sign up" - This device cannot be used to sign up for a free MobileME account. SIgn up using your iPhone4,ipad or ipod touch (4th Gen)

And all the console logs show is

"The Operation couldn\u2019t be compleated (AOSErrorDomain error 1000.)

Now,like i said, icloud works fine on my real macbook pro and my other real Mac Pro and they both "just connect". SO, there has to be some sort of checking or something saying this device (hackintosh), is not a real mac, or something.

So, my thoughts were to maybe try that same line as in the AppStore issue to see if that might help me get connected to my iCloud account. It sucks because i need my mail and its all on iCloud...haha

I have exactly the same problem.

Apparently it is a problem with Chameleon. Try changing your boot loader to the latest Chimera as that's been reported as working. No good for me though as I get KP with Chimera :(

Thanks for the help guys. App store was about the only thing that wasn't working for me. Now it is :clap:

Thank you. This thread helped me get into App Store. Now everything on my Hackintosh is working.

Damn, I followed these instructions the the t and it's still not working. Are you guys running 10.7.2?

matts said:
Damn, I followed these instructions the the t and it's still not working. Are you guys running 10.7.2?

I am using 10.7.2, Check out the link in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back