Contribute
Register

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 finally on Mountain Lion with sleep, 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
now sleep works, mp3 playing doesn't cause kp but no working keyboard ;))
i mean keyboard for typing not midi

hi,

just got a 2496 card and would love to try your modded kext, but i do not have the original kext to be over written. the link at the beginning of the thread is dead. if possible please supply original envy kext that is to be overwritten

thanks

Sorry for not replying sooner, but for some reason I didn't get an email notification until today.
Anyway. You don't need to replace an existing kext, just put the kext in /System/Library/Extensions.
You do need to set its access flags correctly though:
Code:
sudo chown -R root:wheel <kext>
sudo chmod a+x <kext>
Then, either reboot (which loads it at startup) or load it right away using
Code:
sudo kextload <kext>

Hope this helps. ;)
I can't guarantee that this kext does not cause troubles but mine is running stable since my post here in November.

Hi,

did you also try the M-Audio card in Logic or Cubase as a full audio interface with midi? I got the same card and was searching for a solution on my Hackintosh. I also own an Apogee DUET, but then i need to install a firewire card. If the kext fully works with th Audiophile 2496 it would be nice.

Cheers...

It's been working flawlessly here with any audio application so far, surviving all sleep/wakeups.
I noticed some (buffer underrun?) clipping noise at 96 kHz once but that I don't think that was the driver's fault.
As for MIDI I'm using a separate USB midi interface since before (which I received as compensation from M-Audio when their original drivers were not working way way back)

Edit: There is no MIDI support in the Envy24 driver (http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/)

It's been working flawlessly here with any audio application so far, surviving all sleep/wakeups.
I noticed some (buffer underrun?) clipping noise at 96 kHz once but that I don't think that was the driver's fault.

I'm sorry to say that I now experience more of that clipping type of noise. It seems to only affect 96 and 88.2 kHz. I don't know the reasons for it yet. I did some modifications to see if they helped, but they did not. I may try to investigate this further on, but for now I'm actually sticking to 24/48 for my audio apps. Which seems stable enough, however not 96 which you'd really want in the end I guess.

i am looking into this card as quick and cheap fix to get SPDIF RCA in and out to my gear - is the mono / stereo issued solved? Anyone using this in a DAW with proper stereo?

i'm only interested in 48 /24 right now.

Thanks!

Hi!

Guys, are you getting it to work with 10.8.2? I tried the driver posted here, among others, and yet my Audiophile 2496 doesn't begin to show up. I use also native sound, ALC887 with HDA Enabler: is it possible the HDA Enabler is blocking the Envy driver, thus it doesn't work?

Best regards!

Hi.

I have a problem with Delta 1010lt and Mountain Lion.

I have using my Delta 1010lt for years on Snow Leopard with envy24 kext without problems. Now I update to Mountain Lion (also upgrade my hardware), and now Delta 1010lt works, but not fine.

I listen all sounds in lower pitch and with glitch/cracks sounds, I tried to install this kext modified but don't solve the problem.

What can I do?

Thanks.

@NapalmCandy
"Hi.

I have a problem with Delta 1010lt and Mountain Lion.

I have using my Delta 1010lt for years on Snow Leopard with envy24 kext without problems. Now I update to Mountain Lion (also upgrade my hardware), and now Delta 1010lt works, but not fine.

I listen all sounds in lower pitch and with glitch/cracks sounds, I tried to install this kext modified but don't solve the problem.

What can I do?

Thanks."

This is happening to me as well after updating to 10.8.3

I have similar bug with my Audiophile 192
have tested my card using 44.1/16 till 192/32 formats and
I have found that I am not hearing distorted sound if set System Preferences->sound to 100% (if pitch less then 30% I will hear )
I do not know other ways how to solve the problem except changing level of sound just in media players

ps: sorry for my english

@NapalmCandy
"I listen all sounds in lower pitch and with glitch/cracks sounds, I tried to install this kext modified but don't solve the problem.

What can I do?

Thanks."

This is happening to me as well after updating to 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back