Contribute
Register

M-Audio 1010LT -- Envy24 PCI Audio Card working for Mavericks with Monitoring and Stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed Envy24 driver on my OSX10.9 but I found that the M-Audio 1010LT midi output don't work,can you help me to fix this problem?or send me the new driver which can fix this problem if you have.thanks~~:)

MIDI is not supported. You should purchase a 30 USD midi input/output USB device that will perfectly do the job.
That's what I did, not worth spending time developing this. ;-)

Hello,

i can also confirm it works without problems with a Delta 2496 on 10.9 but am I the only one who has the input monitoring the output!? I mean if I record something via the Delta 2496 input it also picks up everything playing on the output.

Sorry for my English :D

Best Regards!

Hello,

i can also confirm it works without problems with a Delta 2496 on 10.9 but am I the only one who has the input monitoring the output!? I mean if I record something via the Delta 2496 input it also picks up everything playing on the output.

This is strange.
Maybe this is coming from the software you are using to do the recording.
The card itself does not do anything about recording.

INPUTS
Input 1 = micro
Input 2 = micro
Input 3 - 8 = lines (ex jack)

From your recording system (ex Ableton), you can assign a track to one of these inputs. This track will only record the input you assigned it to.

OUTPUTS
Output 1 = L of card's mixer
Output 2 = R of card's mixer
Output 3-8 = your choice

From your recording system, you typically use Output 1 and 2 as the output from the Mix (of Ableton for ex).

When the ableton tracks play, they do not use the inputs of the card. They are mixed by Ableton mixer and go to the card's output 1 and 2.
When you record a track (for ex through input 1 of the card) while playing other tracks, Ableton only records this track. The other tracks are just played toward Ableton's Mixer.

All this may be obvious to you, just in case.
Let me know which DAW you are using and how, in case I have an idea.

Thanks

That's true tonyrevo. The 1010lt new driver stutters in Clover bootloader, before updating to Yosemite I was using Chameleon and it was working perfect the only problem was when the PC entered to sleep, in this case I had to unload the 1010lt kext and load again. Now I've tried to unload and reload but it doesn't work even after reboot.
Fortunately there is a driver that works for me I found it in this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/721...ly-mountain-lion-sleep-64-bit.html#post493156

The trick was to uninstall the kext with this commands:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24PCIAudioDriver.kext > /dev/null
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24PCIAudioDriver.kext > /dev/null
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24PCIAudioDriver.kext

and then install the new kext posted by "Fogel". If you have problems again, you have to uninstall and install it. At the moment (3 hours) I didn't have any KP.

---------------------------------
UPDATE: The first time I rebooted the system the audio was ok but then in the second reboot the system was frozen and didn't respond so I had to reboot it manually . Then the 1010lt began to fail, the same stutter sound returned and then the OS rebooted itself. To try again I uninstalled and reinstalled the kext and it worked great but after one reboot the problem was there. Uninstall and reinstall the kext all the times that you shutdown or reboot the system is not a great solution.
I can confirm that this problem occurs only with Clover.

I've using that same kext for a while and sleep works. I went back to using chameleon, but it looks like clover is the future useless iMessage is fixed in chameleon. I also noticed when using clover the boot log shows that the kext failed to allocate memory within the first 256MB address space, which is a documented issue from the original creator of this kext.

Does anyone have Fogel's (sleep+wakeup corrected functionality) modded driver sources?
Or maybe his email?

First of all, thanks for the work you've done on the driver!

My question is regarding the microphone's phantom power, while connecting it to the inputs 1 and 2. Is that feature supported?

Hey, is there any change to get that Envy24 driver works on yosemite with Delta 66?

I have card detected,
Envy24 shows in audio control, but no sound at all.

What
may be the cause?

Please help if you can..

Does anyone have Fogel's (sleep+wakeup corrected functionality) modded driver sources?
Or maybe his email?

The sources that I changed (for instance to get stereo and to enable direct monitoring) do not touch what the original code did with respect to memory allocation.
The original developer refused to make any change or whatesoever with this code.

There is no much I can do, I have stopped using Yosemite because of too many issues (graphics flickering, crashes with Clover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back