Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
I have a mini-itx hackintosh build and I am in desperate need for a low profile graphics card. I need a small low profile graphics card with is compatible and runs OOB or almost OOB with Mountain Lion. I am not going to do any gaming and such. I just need it for video pretty much since my CPU only has Intel HD 2000 graphics which isnt supported. Any graphics card would do that works on ML and is small and as cheap as possible. My budget is around under $70. I have already tried the ASUS GeForce 210 but the heat sink on it was wayyyy too big so it didnt fit in my case. I have a APEX MI-008 case with Foxconn H67S motherboard and Intel Celeron G530. I am very new to the whole hackintosh and computer building community so any help would be appreciated. I am a full out noob and don't really know what to do right now. I am looking into buying a Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102933) but im not sure if I should. Any ideas or anything the works is great!

Thanks!!!! :D

This looks good. But is it Mountain Lion compatible?

I had an MSI GT 210 that worked out of the box in ML, but from what I read, the GT 520 is much better. The 210 was around 30 bucks new, before rebates.

From reading around a bit it looks like the 600 series has some issues. The 520 is hassle free. It shouldn't matter what brand makes it either, I personally usually use Zotac when I build PCs for people, especially if its hackintosh because I just trust the brand. But I know EVGA is really good too.

Alright thank you sooooo much! I am going to order the Zotac GeForce GT 520 as soon as I can! I am just worried cuz some people have been saying that they are having issues with the card not working on ML.

Did the GT520 work out of the box with ML

Sadly no it actually did not. To make sure if the graphics card even works I am going to install Windows on it first and install the drivers to make sure there is nothing wrong with the graphics card. If it does work then I will have to post another thread on tonymacx86 to find out what my problem is. I have not been able to work on the hackintosh much because of school right now but I am going to try as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back