MSI H87
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GT 1030 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I want to change my server from windows to mac os.

Hardware
- Pentium G6950
- MSI H55M-E33
- 4 GB DDR3
- Vertex 2 60 GB SSD
- lots of HDDs

I think the most problems I'll have with the integrated graphics of the pentium. I often read that it is unsupported. Does this mean that there is no pciture at all or just no acceleration? The server runs the most of the time unattented/by remotedesktop so there is no need for any graphics acceleration, I just need a picture to configure it.

So what graphic card would be an alternative? It should consume very low energy, because the server runs 24/7 and every watt counts.

I thought of an ati 2400pro or something like that.

Thanks for ur help.

If you are looking for something that won't take you days to configure correctly, go for something like an NVIDIA 9600.

NVIDIA's are the better supported cards compared to ATI. I personally would never stray from NVIDIA just to be safe.....for now.

Oh and how are those Vertex 2's treating you? I am interested in getting a solid state and was definitely looking at either the Agility 2, Vertex 2, or Phoenix. All have same speeds.

Thanks!

I bought a 8400gs. But I stil have problems installing OSX. After a few minutes on the install screen I get a sign (circle with line through it). What does this mean? I tried everything I found about BIOS etc. the vertex2 is on first SATA Port, AHCI and S3 are enabled. Is there anything else I could do?

To the vertex2:
Haven't tried mac os yet, but using linux with it is much fun. Ubuntu 10.10 only needs about 8 seconds to fully boot up. Using windows 7 doesn't make the big difference, it is still faster than on normal HDDs, but u don't notice it that much. So I'm curious about mac os on the ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back