Contribute
Register

Lost icloud/facetime/imessage/appstore with ML upgrade. Need ethernet kext update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision T3600
CPU
Intel Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 @3.6 GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA*GeForce*GT*710*2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been using a StarTech network card, st1000bt32, chipset ID RTL8110SC with Lion because it allows WoL which my onboard intel NIC doesn't.
I used Multibeast to install official Realtek 2.0.6 for 10.7 driver for 81xx Ethernet controllers. Worked beautifully.

In Mtn Lion I've installed the same realtek ethernet kext and the network seems to work -- I'm online, WoL functions, Network speeds are speedy. But iCloud won't sign in, saying there's a network error, same with facetime, imessage and the App store. I have the latest chimera from multibeast.

Any ideas?

I suffer this problem for few 2 days, finally solved.

1. upgrade to newer version Chameleon
2. use Chameleon Wizard setup SMBios
3. Must enable EthernetBuiltIn in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (use Chameleon Wizard)
4. Important (a. Must empty Device Properties, b. add PCIRootUID=0 to org.chameleon.boot.plist) //point b I'm not sure, but I did it at the same time.
5. delete NetworkInterfaces.plist, preferences.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
6. reboot once for SystemConfiguration regenerate

Register iCloud, AppStore, iMessage

restore Device Properties if needed

Thanks.
Only problem: I'm using chimera, not chameleon. What does it mean to setup SMBios? How does this file need to be edited?

Where/How do I empty Device Properties?

Nevermind - I got it working.
I simply did the items on your list that I knew how to / could do: scrap the two files in system configuration. That's it. I didn't even need the PCIRootUID flag.

Nevermind - I got it working.
I simply did the items on your list that I knew how to / could do: scrap the two files in system configuration. That's it. I didn't even need the PCIRootUID flag.

I remove the two files and reboot for 20 times, but still cannot generate correct ID.
Finally, I remember that my pervious platform did it very smooth, so I reverse some new config.

my platform use DeviceProperties because the HD Graphics 4000 FB/Pipe/Ports setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back