Contribute
Register

Looking for the Best and easier motherboard for Sierra and later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Still looking.
CPU
Still looking.
Graphics
Still looking.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I'm planning to build a new system for my mackintosh and I was wondering which motherboard are the best and the more easier to install without modification ?!

I had an GA-X79-UP4 and it's a lot difficult to install OSX on it without modification.

I'm looking for a motherboard that can takes 64GB of ram.

There are motherboard that need no modification to run perfectly ?!

thanks for your help.

Hello, I'm planning to build a new system for my hackintosh and I was wondering which motherboard are the best and the more easier to install without modification ?!

I had an GA-X79-UP4 and it's a lot difficult to install OSX on it without modification.

thanks for your help.

I use a Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5 motherboard as my current build. Pairing up with a Core i7 7700K (you can use an appropriate i3 / i5 / i7 CPU) it is not difficult to install Sierra 10.12.6 from a USB stick, as Sierra now has native support for Intel Kaby Lake hardware. You can check the installation guide on this site for additional steps needed to complete the installation.

I use a Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5 motherboard as my current build. Pairing up with a Core i7 7700K (you can use an appropriate i3 / i5 / i7 CPU) it is not difficult to install Sierra 10.12.6 from a USB stick, as Sierra now has native support for Intel Kaby Lake hardware. You can check the installation guide on this site for additional steps needed to complete the installation.

thanks :) is it difficult to create a clover USB with this motherboard ?! I tried with an LGA2011 and wow... too much kernel panic and stuff to modify.

My first build was GA-Z77N-WIFI and it was so easy to create a clover USB... all native.

Thanks :) Is it difficult to create a clover USB with this motherboard ?! I tried with an LGA2011 and wow... too much kernel panic and stuff to modify.

My first build was GA-Z77N-WIFI and it was so easy to create a clover USB... all native.

As you can see, I also use an older GTX660 graphics card in my current build. The card has native support from Mountain Lion (10.8) to Sierra (10.12) and was used in an older build. With these components the Sierra Unibeast USB stick booted directly into the MacOS installation screen on my first try. After installation, Sierra successfully booted (via the USB stick) on the first time.

I would say it was pretty straightforward for me. Your mileage may vary especially if you are going to use a different graphics card.

Is your Thunderbolt port working? Thunderbolt issues seem be notorious with Hackintoshes. Some don't work with the adapter (USB-C to TB2), you can't have them plugged in when you start up the machine.

Is the rest of your I/O functioning? Even the parts installed in the case?

Is your Thunderbolt port working? Thunderbolt issues seem be notorious with Hackintoshes. Some don't work with the adapter (USB-C to TB2), you can't have them plugged in when you start up the machine.

Is the rest of your I/O functioning? Even the parts installed in the case?

I currently have no Thunderbolt devices to test and so I do not know whether the Thunderbolt 3 port is working.

USB 2 and USB 3 ports are working. The (first) network port is working. I do not use the motherboard audio as I decided to use an USB audio device (Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro) I bought some time ago which works properly under MacOS.

Hello, I'm planning to build a new system for my mackintosh and I was wondering which motherboard are the best and the more easier to install without modification ?!

thanks for your help.

The GA-Z77N-WIFI in your Signature is native hardware shouldn't have any problems with it providing Clover is setup of course. Personally id go with native hardware. i.e DH67 Chipsets are good, Z77 & H77 and Z87 & H87 are native chipsets not sure about the newer stuff tho.

The GA-Z77N-WIFI in your Signature is native hardware shouldn't have any problems with it providing Clover is setup of course. Personally id go with native hardware. i.e DH67 Chipsets are good, Z77 & H77 and Z87 & H87 are native chipsets not sure about the newer stuff tho.

Do you know a good motherboard with DDR3 -1066,1333,1600,1866,2133 that accept max 64GB and thats Native chipset ?

I have a GA-X79-UP4 and I want a really good motherboard that is Native with the same memory.

I will buy a new CPU that compatible with the motherboard.

Thanks for you help.

Do you know a good motherboard with DDR3 -1066,1333,1600,1866,2133 that accept max 64GB and thats Native chipset ?

I have a GA-X79-UP4 and I want a really good motherboard that is Native with the same memory.

I will buy a new CPU that compatible with the motherboard.

Thanks for you help.

Most 1155 motherboards and 1150 boards will only handle 32GB. Unless you go Server Grade i.e Xeons will go up to 64GB but thats not Native Hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back