Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimera has no GPT issues if you use the HD 4000 trick. You shouldn't need the USB stick if it works.

Time for a huge response to a lot of posts:
Here are the strings under the Hardware ID for 7470M (it appears as 7400m Series on devices though):

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_20021043&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_20021043

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&CC_0300

So, what else do you guys need?
That's it, thanks!
Asus HD 7750 1G D5 not supported
Can you be more specific with what you did?
Just saying "It didn't work" is not nearly enough information to either fix it or add it.
confirmed working HD7870 Club 3D 2GD5 royal queen in second pci lane
first pci lane HD5850 1GD5
on P55A-UD6 OS X 10.8.3
bootloader chimera 2.0
Graphics Enabler set to No
1 Problem don't know if its something to do whit the graphics card but lan don't work anymore if i insert the 7870

i will post soon a Pic of the specs

thx Pieter
Try reinstalling the LAN kext from MultiBeast after putting the card in. Also try change the PCI latency timer to 32 or 64 in your BIOS/UEFI. (Note: You might get a KP after changing the latency timer--just reset and it should boot fine)
I have EX58-UD5 which unfortunately does not have integrated graphics. My hack works well with GTX260 and sleep works when booted into OSX but when I plugin my 7970 and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I do get white screen but when I tap power button sleep does not work no more. I am stuck on white screen:beachball:. I dont have any ATI card around to set that as primary:(.

Can anyone help me resolve sleep issue? :angel: have tried sleepenabler kext and deleted NullPower... kext also I tried Intel Power Management and Reset Cmos option in Multibeast but in vein.
Can you use both your GTX 260 and the 7970? If you can, set the GTX 260 as primary in the BIOS/UEFI.
It seems like your board has no sleep support, so this looks like the only option for you.
Type: HD 7870 Eyefinity 6
Brand: VisionTek
Model: 900548
Device ID: 0x68180000 ?
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129262

I can't seem to get it out of mirror mode, and the System Information tab isn't displaying any useful information. I suspect I archived some kext somewhere that is causing this problem, but I'm probably going to have to look at that tomorrow. If anyone has any ideas in the meantime, they would be appreciated. :)
The Device ID string I'm using is Device ID and Vendor ID, so yours would be 0x68181002. Since they're all AMD cards, they all have 1002 at the end (the 6818 is the important part). ;)

As for mirroring, go to System Preferences --> Displays --> Arrangement and uncheck "Mirror Displays."

If that doesn't work, you might have a bigger issue that can't be fixed unless Chimera is given 7970 Series injection properties (and it might not be). For reference, I'm thinking about needing to edit an ATI personality in the driver and forcing it to load by specifying a specific FrameBuffer via AtiConfig in addition to GraphicsEnabler=Yes. But that can't be done now, and the solution may very well be something much more obvious/simple than that.
I Have a Club 3D 7850 RoyalQueen http://club-3d.com/isotope/c/cgax-7856f-b524ecff.pdf
Ive tried with the kexts -> black screen, no desktop.

restarted and booted with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No

now I can boot with my Card In but monitor is still 3mb
Monitor:

<snip>

some help?

Motherboard is a Asus P8Z77-V LX
8GB RAM
32GB Kingston SSD
I7 3770
Make sure you re-install the kexts exactly as described by Keegrom and hazemhazoom, step for step. Then, try the white screen trick in the OP.

Just wanted to contribute....

Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 was pretty much plug and play.

I had this machine:

CPU: Intel Core i3 3.09Ghz
RAM: 4GB 1333Mhz
GPU: Radeon HD 5570 (before)
Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB (after)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3

I had a stable system running 10.8.2. I updated to 10.8.3, set the BIOS to always enable the integrated Graphics from Intel. I then plugged in my Powercolor Radeon 7750.

Booted up and everything was good. I didn't need to edit anything or do any other changes. I have full Graphics acceleration.

Thanx KNNSpeed for replying. I tried using GTX260 with 7970, GTX260 set as primary card but the system get stuck in boot loop: It boots up goes into chimera but as soon as I press enter it boots again:banghead:. Tried with GraphicsEnabler=No as well but same results.

GIGABYTE HD7750 is working with sleep trick
Just remove all gfx kexts and reinstall ati kexts.
QE/CI is working

Chimera has no GPT issues if you use the HD 4000 trick. You shouldn't need the USB stick if it works.

The Device ID string I'm using is Device ID and Vendor ID, so yours would be 0x68181002. Since they're all AMD cards, they all have 1002 at the end (the 6818 is the important part). ;)

As for mirroring, go to System Preferences --> Displays --> Arrangement and uncheck "Mirror Displays."

I checked my Kext files, and only ATI7000Controller.kext had Device ID strings. That one included 0x68181002 in the strings section, so I don' t think that should be the problem. I also checked ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext, but neither of them had Device ID strings. Do you have any other recommendations?

I was too tired when I posted yesterday to note that it seems to skip the bootloader on my main drive and will only boot with Chimera on USB. On my Gigabyte Motherboard I have set the integrated graphics as primary as well as disabled.

If I try to boot in anything other than GraphicsEnabled=No -x, I get errors.

GraphicsEnabled=No goes to a white screen. For a moment there are falling red lines, then nothing except straight white, and I cannot get my system to sleep (at least not without scripting). Sound works, though.

GraphicsEnabled=Yes gives me a black screen.

GraphicsEnabled=Yes -x gives me a black screen.

GraphicsEnabled=No -x WORKS!!!

GraphicsEnabled=Yes -x -v gives me a few lines of the usual -v booting display, but the rest of the screen is random garbage. Not even characters, just something that looks like frozen colored static.

GraphicsEnabled=No -x -v, gives me the same as GraphicsEnabled=Yes -x -v

GraphicsEnabled=No -v, gives me the same as GraphicsEnabled=Yes -x -v

GraphicsEnabled=Yes -v, gives me the same as GraphicsEnabled=Yes -x -v

Also, sorry to report, but there is no option for unchecking mirroring. :(

Make sure you re-install the kexts exactly as described by Keegrom and hazemhazoom, step for step. Then, try the white screen trick in the OP.

ok now i Got this:
white screen - couldnt get it to sleep so I shut it down
reboot -> hangs on RadeonMonitor:[Fatal] can´t initialize driver
FakeSMC plugin removed
hangs on AMD PitcairnGraphicsAccelerator: **Device in slot: SLOT --1**

Hi,

There is no problem with your 2 kexts Hazemhazoom, it works well, my game too.
And on GE = No, I'm a bit stupid, as it concerns only the integrated GPU, so there is no problem.

I conducted a quick test as I am sure you have started without the USB with the internal graphics on still enabled, but there must be such juggled connect the second screen to see.
sorry for my bad english too.

thank you, Steph.

Salut ,

Il n'y a pas de soucis avec tes 2 Kexts Hazemhazoom , cela fonctionne bien , mon jeu aussi .
Et concernant le GE=No , je suis un peu stupide , vu qu'il ne concerne que le GPU intégré , donc
il n'y a pas de problème .

J'ai procédé à un test vite fait aussi , je suis certain d'avoir démarré sans l 'USB avec l' internal
graphics sur toujours enabled , mais pareil là il faut jonglé avec branchement du deuxième écran
à voir .
désolé pour mon mauvais anglais aussi

merci,Steph.

works, but had to boot with Integrated HD4000 first and set GraphicsEnabler to No in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. A white screen appeared on next reboot, did the sleep power off/on method to move on and works. I hope the white screen method is figured out though because power button is under desk and have to duck under each time system reboots or I switch between Windows7 and ML.

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 OC 1050MHZ 1GB 4.5GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI 2XMINIDP PCI-E Video Card

Device ID - 1002-683D

displayaacpx.jpg
displayaacpx.jpg

That's it, thanks!

Can you please point me on how to try to make it work?
I'd love to have my Asus working almost 100% with my Graphic Card :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back