Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today I flashed my Asmedia USB 3.0 firmware with this:

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2214

Now my USB 3.0 ports on my SH67H7 works with the Asmedia/Renesys USB 3.0 kext found in the MultiBeast 4.2.1: Lion Edition program

But I have still two big problems: although I can use the VoodooHdA 2.7.3 kext +AppleHDA rollback options in the Multibeast utility, the sounds is still a bit suboptimal: my headphone still gives a sizzling sound and the VoodooHDA kext still seems to cause random KP's when booting the system (conflicts ?).

Is there a good DSDT file for this popular mini-PC, so one can use a native ALC888.kext to have good sound ?

Another problem: I have installed evoreboot.kext for reboot + shutdown. The problem is that shutdown still does not work: it restarts the system instead of shutting down the system.

I have tried the DSDT solution found here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4462&p=203747&hilit=sh67h7+dsdt#p203747

But still no sound with this DSDT and ALC888.kext.

Please can someone help me with these problems, because I think it must be possible to overcome these problems.

fryingpan said:

Now my USB 3.0 ports on my SH67H7 works with the Asmedia/Renesys USB 3.0 kext found in the MultiBeast 4.2.1: Lion Edition program

But I have still two big problems: although I can use the VoodooHdA 2.7.3 kext +AppleHDA rollback options in the Multibeast utility, the sounds is still a bit suboptimal: my headphone still gives a sizzling sound and the VoodooHDA kext still seems to cause random KP's when booting the system (conflicts ?).

Is there a good DSDT file for this popular mini-PC, so one can use a native ALC888.kext to have good sound ?

Another problem: I have installed evoreboot.kext for reboot + shutdown. The problem is that shutdown still does not work: it restarts the system instead of shutting down the system.

Please can someone help me with these problems, because I think it must be possible to overcome these problems.
You have to install either VoodooHDA or AppleHDA, not both at the same Time. If you havn't a working DSDT and don't want use VoodooHDA, you have to delete it and install ALC8xxHDA.kext, AppleHDA Rollback and one of the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for your Codec. Don't forget to tick System Utilities also

karacho said:
fryingpan said:

You have to install either VoodooHDA or AppleHDA, not both at the same Time. If you havn't a working DSDT and don't want use VoodooHDA, you have to delete it and install ALC8xxHDA.kext, AppleHDA Rollback and one of the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for your Codec. Don't forget to tick System Utilities also

No not true: if you do not check the AppleHDA rollback option in Multibeast, you will get a KP (tested by me). I do not think you have read my experiences: the AlC888HDA.kext option (along with AppleHDA rollback + Non-DSDT HDAEnabler.kext) does NOT WORK !!! The problem is the layout of the SH67Hx mainboard is different to standard layout, which I think causes this problem.

Many others have tried the HDAEnabler method (with ALC8xxHDA.kext + AppleHDA rollback method), but nobody seems to be lucky to get it working WITHOUT the VoodooHDA.kext method, which is not optimal (sizzling background sound).

Strange how many people are reporting issues with the on-board sound on this system.

It works fine here using VoodooHDA 2.7.2. No DSDT, no AppleHDA rollback and no ALC888 enabler.

The background hiss on the R/L analog output is caused by a high input gain setting. Once that value ('iGain') is changed to '0' in the .plist (/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/info.plist) the sound works well; although I am still looking for ways to enable the optical (TOSlink/Spdif) output.

I do however experience random kernel panics when booting the system, but according to the stacktraces they are not related to any changed kexts (i.e, audio or Ethernet). Obviously the stacktraces might be misleading though. I've had KPs referring to "IOHIDFamily" and "blued" (the Bluetooth daemon!) Simply resetting it and booting again works fine. Man, OS X is one strange beast for someone used to running Linux! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back