XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, plz help me with 2 questions.

I know nothing about DSDT files, so I paid for a custom DSDT. Now I'll change of graphics card and I need to know if I should get a new DSDT file? In other words, if the graphics card show up on the DSDT file?

Second, the BridgeHelper 5.0 works on Sandy Bridge-E?
My Lion is working based on GA-X79-UD3 with i7 3930k but USB 3.0 doesn't work at all.

TIA :headbang:

To change ur gfx card there's no need to change ur DSDT unless ur gfx card info is HARDCODED onto it......hardcoding ur gfx card info onto DSDT is not a common practice.......moreover if ur going to buy a OOB suported card, no hardcoding is required for it.......go for it :thumbup:

crops said:
Hello, plz help me with 2 questions.

I know nothing about DSDT files, so I paid for a custom DSDT. Now I'll change of graphics card and I need to know if I should get a new DSDT file? In other words, if the graphics card show up on the DSDT file?

Second, the BridgeHelper 5.0 works on Sandy Bridge-E?
My Lion is working based on GA-X79-UD3 with i7 3930k but USB 3.0 doesn't work at all.

TIA :headbang:
If you went the Customac route the gfx card makes no difference except for one thing.
Changing gfx cards should be a no-brainer unless you change to one that is unsupported or one that needs different kexts- i.e. if you have nVidia installed and swap for AMD radeon, then you will need different gfx kexts.

Bridgehelper 5.0 is mainly for ivy bridge cpu's because it contains the kernel built for ivy bridge Macs. It might or might not work on SB-E. SD or CCC your drive, boot to the clone, install BH 5 and reboot the clone. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then no big loss.

supriokundu said:
To change ur gfx card there's no need to change ur DSDT unless ur gfx card info is HARDCODED onto it......hardcoding ur gfx card info onto DSDT is not a common practice.......moreover if ur going to buy a OOB supported card, no hardcoding is required for it.......go for it :thumbup:

Could you check if my DSDT file has HARDCODED the gfx card? Or if you prefer, could you tell me what app should I use to check and edit it, and what should I look for? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    32 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back