Contribute
Register

lion cant install on my 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome, we've all done it once or twice :rolleyes:

Well crap. having the same problem... boot to the grey apple screen, wheel spins for a bit, then freezes and thats it.

Updated all my bios settings to the picture, still no dice. I'm going to remake my unibeast thumbdrive just in case. ANything else I should look at/

I did build my usb drive with unibeast 1.5 for lion, the new one today, you think perhaps that's my issue? I may try rebuilding with 1.4 and see if that gets me in.

When i boot -v I stop / hang at

com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address e4:11:5b:d3:9a

just sits forever there, no more movement.

I did build my usb drive with unibeast 1.5 for lion, the new one today, you think perhaps that's my issue? I may try rebuilding with 1.4 and see if that gets me in.

When i boot -v I stop / hang at

com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address e4:11:5b:d3:9a

just sits forever there, no more movement.

Try booting using -x (safemode), if that works, its probably not liking your graphics settings. What I did to overcome this was just boot into safemode (as stated before), then install HP Probook Installer v4 necessary stuffs, then before reboot navigate to System->Library->Extensions, and move AppleIntelHD3000.kext to trash. Then you should be able to boot. If you have a 4k drive you will have to do a search as to how to get Chameleon installed on 4k drives so that you wont have to keep booting from the USB...

Try booting using -x (safemode), if that works, its probably not liking your graphics settings. What I did to overcome this was just boot into safemode (as stated before), then install HP Probook Installer v4 necessary stuffs, then before reboot navigate to System->Library->Extensions, and move AppleIntelHD3000.kext to trash. Then you should be able to boot. If you have a 4k drive you will have to do a search as to how to get Chameleon installed on 4k drives so that you wont have to keep booting from the USB...

I am experiencing the same problem. -x (safe mode) only makes it boot a little longer before freezing.
Did -v -x and it stops at " Still waiting for root device "
Has the original poster found a fix for this? If so, what was wrong and how did you fix it?
Thanks!

@ TheAft3rmath777 and smoothrunnings,
Did you disable the ATI graphic card in BIOS ?

hi please give me a detailed way how you got to install mac os on yo machine as me ive failed and dont have full access to a mac computer

hi please give me a detailed way how you got to install mac os on yo machine as me ive failed and dont have full access to a mac computer

Please read the "Sticky" posts at the top of the forum. The "guide" explains how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back