Nvidia 9600GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

first of all I'm new here. Just trying to find my way around the forums so if you got any suggestions on my post, let me have it :p

So before I post my problem this is my setup:
-Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
-XFX 9600GT 512MB
-Intel Core2Quad Q6600
-4GB DDR2 1066mhz RAM (Corsair dominator)

Multibeast:
-easybeast (since there is no DSDT)

Now here's my problem:
Today I installed Lion 10.7 using unibeast, I was suprised about how many things were working before i have even run multibeast. Everything BUT my sound was working.
I expected this because it's an alc888 chip and I believe I read somewhere it's not natively supported in Lion.

Now the first time I ran multibeast, I selected the audio kext for the alc888, the bootloader. I figured because these were the only things I needed to get working those were the only things I needed to install. Then after reboot I noticed my screens at a lower resolution. My graphics card's drivers were gone. Also my ethernet wasn't working after multibeast, it dit before.

As I mentioned I'm here so please correct me if I'm wrong. But is multibeast erasing the kext's that were already on the system? In short, I'm not precisely sure what kexts I should be running/checking in multibeast. I'm hoping someone with a similar setup here on the forums reads this or that someone else can guide me in the right direction.

Kind Regards.

Please bare with me on my english (not a native speaker)

I had a long post for you about this, and lost it during the Submit. lol.

It's likely 1 of 2 things.
1.) your com.apple.boot.plist is specifying flags during boot that weren't there before
2.) your old bootloader (unibeast) was injecting graphics card support that your new bootloader isnt.

I've found a few differences between the unibeast bootloader and chimmera from multibeast (even though I think they are supposed to be the same).

Try booting your lion installation from the unibeast install USB and see if your graphics support comes back, then we can troubleshoot it.

Interesting, going to try that tomorrow.

In the mean time I tried multibeast with a DSDT file for my board I found on the internet.
Now every time I try to use a DSDT with multibeast and I try to reboot I get this.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/o0b8x16q5lhirz ... 225602.jpg

Anyone know what this is? And do you suggest for me to use easybeast instead of a DSDT (guess because it's not edited it's not working for me?)

Also I've been getting CMOS resets all the time. Saw a fix in multibeast for that so that shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry if my questions come off as nooby, but I just began reading up on this all about a week ago ;) So I'm still trying to figure everything out.

With the DSDT for your board installed, you should use -V as a boot option so you can see where it's getting hung up at.

The CMOS reset problem is relatively easy to fix, so no problem there, once you get up and running.

Okay, I just chose to use easybeast and everything pretty much worked except video and audio. With OSX86 tools I created a hex for my video so that's working now.

The thing is I can't find anything on why my audio isn't working. In multi beast I definitely checked alc888 and the non-dsdt next. Any ideas on how to figure this out?

kind regards

EDIT: I managed to get the audio working with the following kext's
-IoAudioFamily.kext
-OSvKernDSPlib.kext
-VoodooHDA.kext

my only problem is that if I turn up the speaker volume I get a weird buzz sound.
The sound you hear when a tv display's ''snow'' (don't know how to describe it:p)

I've been looking for controls of voodoo but I can't find them anywhere.
Any experience on this?

I had the same trouble in snow leopard with the audio buzzing. I fixed it using MultiBeast and using an older version of VoodooHDA. You can run MB as many times as you need; I kept walking back to older voodoo's until the buzzing stopped.

P.S. -- I have the same board as you: ga-p35-ds3l rev. 2. I'm having the same troubles moving to Lion using UniBeast. I sure wish a good Samaritan would post an updated DSDT for this oldie but goodie motherboard in TonyMac's DSDT database.

I haven't figured out how to get my UniBeast install to work. I'll try your method now and see how it goes, then update if I get my sound working with the buzz in Lion. Thanks.

Update:

I used EasyBeast, VoodooHDA 0.2.5.6, Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet. Getting perfect sound and ethernet. Still having trouble with video. My card is GeForce 9400 GT, 1 mb ram.

Any tips would be appreciated.

metamotion said:
Update:

I used EasyBeast, VoodooHDA 0.2.5.6, Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet. Getting perfect sound and ethernet. Still having trouble with video. My card is GeForce 9400 GT, 1 mb ram.

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and System Utilities?

jester969 said:
metamotion said:
Update:

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and System Utilities?

I think so. This string is in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, put there by EasyBeast, I suppose:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I'm not familiar with System Utilities?

Check off System Utilities, it repairs permissions on the HDD. Do that and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back