Contribute
Register

LG Widescreen monitor 2580x1080 resolution setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77P-D3
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
ATI Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So i bought a LG Ultrawidescreen monitor to replace my aging BenQ HD. When I hooked up the monitor the screen comes up as a stretched 1920x1080. There were no other options to bring it to 2560x1080 widescreen. What should I do to fix this? and no I won't buy another monitor.

So i bought a LG Ultrawidescreen monitor to replace my aging BenQ HD. When I hooked up the monitor the screen comes up as a stretched 1920x1080. There were no other options to bring it to 2560x1080 widescreen. What should I do to fix this? and no I won't buy another monitor.

Are you using HDMI? I also use that resolution on an Asus monitor. I could never get HDMI do display more than 1080p on OS X, even though Windows will just fine. I solved this problem by using a display port cable, but a dual-link DVI cable will also work. Both are perfectly capable of outputting 2560x1080.

Hope that helps.

I've read that approach as well. Unfortunately, my LG widescreen monitor only has 2 HDMI ports in the back panel. So the dvi cable solution won't work for me. It's either I get this to work or change SSD and use Linux over OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back