Contribute
Register

LG 34UM95 3440x1440 monitor supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates to this thread?

I was thinking about adding this monitor to my studio setup, but am curious as to how well it would work with Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and the HD4600..

It will be for audio work, but am still wondering if I can get a 50Hz refresh rate with HDMI 1.4a (GA-Z87X-UD5 TH)..

If not, I may go with a Thunderbolt display that my friend offered to sell me on the cheap.

I too want to stick to 10.8.5 due to music software/hardware limitations.

I am wondering if I can get a GTX 750 (or other) to drive a 3440 x 1440 screen without upgrading the OS?

thanks

A GTX 750 is a Maxwell based card like the 750ti/960/970/980/980ti/Titan X. Those cards are only supported but the Nvidia Web Drivers for Yosemite.

You could likely use a GTX 770 which would have native OS X support under 10.8.5 but would be recognized properly with the addition of the web drivers for 10.8.5.

I'm glad I checked back in on this thread. I

I would still like to run Mountain Lion for legacy software compatibility/recall reasons - has anyone else been able to get this monitor to run with Moutain Lion, and if so - been able to get higher than 30Hz?

Hi thanks to all responders, I bought a Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4GB which works just fine via the Display Port connector at 3440 x 1440.

I haven't managed to get it to do the same via HDMI even though it's HDMI 1.4a, I might need to try harder :)

Hi thanks to all responders, I bought a Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4GB which works just fine via the Display Port connector at 3440 x 1440.

I haven't managed to get it to do the same via HDMI even though it's HDMI 1.4a, I might need to try harder :)

If you are using this monitor for any sort of graphics then you will want to use DisplayPort anyways because of the Nvidia limited RGB color range over HDMI 16-235 instead of 0-255. She this: http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-cards-dont-full-rgb-color-through-hdmiheres-a-fix/

OK cool, I see.

If I were to use a Displayport to HDMI cable connected to a source I know outputs Displayport 3440x1400 successfully on this monitor, would it allow that DP 3440x1440 output to output the same 3440x1440 but via the HDMI (1.4a) input on the monitor?

I'd then use the Displayport on the Mac into the same monitor.

Basically I'm trying desperately to use the KVM / Dual Controller features of this monitor,

thanks

OK cool, I see.

If I were to use a Displayport to HDMI cable connected to a source I know outputs Displayport 3440x1400 successfully on this monitor, would it allow that DP 3440x1440 output to output the same 3440x1440 but via the HDMI (1.4a) input on the monitor?

I'd then use the Displayport on the Mac into the same monitor.

Basically I'm trying desperately to use the KVM / Dual Controller features of this monitor,

thanks

First off thanks for the update.. I'm glad to know that you can get the full resolution with Mountain Lion. Like others have said, Display Port is your best bet, as you would get 50Hz or less using HDMI.

Having said that, using the DP>HDMI cable should work; Newegg is currently having a sale on a bunch of different kinds of cables, so it might be worth getting one and coming back to report your findings..

Oh yeah, are you getting a full 60Hz at 3440x1440 with Display Port? I'm dying to know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back