Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anybody out there with a series 7 chipsets equipped mainboard who got the Intel USB 3.0 working? If you are the lucky one please post a dump of IORegistry and your DSDT as it might be the key to get things working on other mainboards!

Mieze

What exactly is not working with your USB3.0? On my mainboard I have USB2.0 ports working with USB2.0 and USB3.0. USB3.0 ports are only working with USB3.0. All USB devices are properly working after wake from sleep.

What exactly is not working with your USB3.0? On my mainboard I have USB2.0 ports working with USB2.0 and USB3.0. USB3.0 ports are only working with USB2.0. All USB devices are properly working after wake from sleep.
When I plug anything into the USB 3.0 ports the machine hangs and I have to press the reset button, also when I try to boot with any device plugged into the USB 3.0 ports. The USB 2.0 ports work as expected even after wakeup from sleep.

Mieze

OK, I have attached my DSDT. What I did to fix sleep with USB was inserting this DSM methods into EHC1, EHC2 and XHC:

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
    Store (Package (0x09)
        {
            "AAPL,current-available", 
            0x0834, 
            "AAPL,current-extra", 
            0x0898, 
            "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 
            0x0640, 
            "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
            0x0834, 
            Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00
            }
        }, Local0)
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
    Return (Local0)
}

Maybe this helps you.
Sorry, I edited my post above. I meant that I have USB3.0 ports working with USB3.0, but not with USB2.0.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 50
Hello dta,

Thanks for your response. I tried your patch with BIOS V1.0 without success. Also update the BIOS to latest Version, which is 1.2, but the result is the same.

Mieze

How i can fix this errors?

I'm trying to apply the patch to USB3, not to use more GenericUSBXHCI.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 10.12.39 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 10.12.39 AM.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back