Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 13 & Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(216. 0)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: boot-uid=07AF77B8-595B-3A0E-8D3A-D1281CAEDA5B rd=*uuid IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660004 dart=0

Mac OS version:
Not yet set

I can attach a screenshot, if that will help?

Need entire screen shot. Quality photo of the entire screen.

Do you mean this part:

- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
(be sure to select the version appropriate for the version of OS X you have installed)
- Customization -> System Definitions -> MacBookPro8,1

I think you might be right. The first time I went in, I was confused, and thought that it was already selected, but when I just checked, it wasn't.

So I've done that, and then copied back the smbios.plist, SSDT.aml and org.chameleon.boot.plist that I had in the /Extra folder following the other work in the power management thread. (Just in case anything that I selected in multibeast changed anything).

Now I can boot (with the boot options you suggested before IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660004 dart=0).

Just no keyboard now at the login screen - as in, the mouse works fine, but keyboard doesn't. An external keyboard works.. Did I miss something else from Multibeast? Ahh looks like it did, I didn't do the PS/2 keyboard mice. That fixed that.

LAST question, maybe :) Any pointers on getting sound to work?

Do you mean this part:

- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
(be sure to select the version appropriate for the version of OS X you have installed)
- Customization -> System Definitions -> MacBookPro8,1

I think you might be right. The first time I went in, I was confused, and thought that it was already selected, but when I just checked, it wasn't.

So I've done that, and then copied back the smbios.plist, SSDT.aml and org.chameleon.boot.plist that I had in the /Extra folder following the other work in the power management thread. (Just in case anything that I selected in multibeast changed anything).

Now I can boot (with the boot options you suggested before IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660004 dart=0).

Just no keyboard now at the login screen - as in, the mouse works fine, but keyboard doesn't. An external keyboard works.. Did I miss something else from Multibeast? Ahh looks like it did, I didn't do the PS/2 keyboard mice. That fixed that.

LAST question, maybe :) Any pointers on getting sound to work?

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Boot with:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660004 dart=0

Hello

That is a great tip because it is working. But how to make this a permanent way of booting. i DON'T WANT TO WRITE THAT FLAG everytime I boot into OSX.

How can we edit this.

What would one recommend to install as a boot loader: Chameleon or Chimera.

I am affraid to get the kernel panics after updating. Is there any guide ?

Thank you in advance.

G.

Hello

That is a great tip because it is working. But how to make this a permanent way of booting. i DON'T WANT TO WRITE THAT FLAG everytime I boot into OSX.

How can we edit this.

What would one recommend to install as a boot loader: Chameleon or Chimera.

I am affraid to get the kernel panics after updating. Is there any guide ?

Thank you in advance.

G.

The flags can be entered into your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Keep in mind dart=0 is a kernel flag and the rest are bootloader flags.

Those flags are also Chimera specific if that helps with the bootloader decision.

The flags can be entered into your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Keep in mind dart=0 is a kernel flag and the rest are bootloader flags.

Those flags are also Chimera specific if that helps with the bootloader decision.

Thank you for the reply

Is it possible that my appleHDA.kext from my earlier working partition of OSX 10.8.5 will also work on Mavericks ?

Thank you for the reply

Is it possible that my appleHDA.kext from my earlier working partition of OSX 10.8.5 will also work on Mavericks ?

It is possible, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back