Contribute
Register

Lenovo y510p - Yosemite (help from 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just connected my laptop with a screen over HDMI. Everything works fine if i mirror the displays, but if i choose to extend it, the built-in displays shows garbage, while external screen works normally. I do lots of work on extended displays, so any guidance is appreciated.

Attaching ioreg and screenshots.

Attachments

• DSC_0097.jpg
    DSC_0097.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0098.jpg
    DSC_0098.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Tushar’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 100
Well I just connected my laptop with a screen over HDMI. Everything works fine if i mirror the displays, but if i choose to extend it, the built-in displays shows garbage, while external screen works normally. I do lots of work on extended displays, so any guidance is appreciated.

Attaching ioreg and screenshots.

See what happens if you disable nvidia...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Hello, everyone,
First of all, thank you, RehabMan, for all the support you do/did in this and all the others topics.
I've been able to build a stable 10.9.5 for this laptop, and everything is running fine with it.
However, I have a graphics problems with 10.10 (see attachments). Whenever I inject IntelGFX 0x04128086 fakeID, my graphics becomes screwed up. I'm able to boot without the injection, but I (obviously) get no hardware acceleration in such a case. ig-platform-id 0x0a260006 doesn't help. I've tried almost every other fix I found, but with no luck.
I've attached the ioregDump from my current 10.9.5 build, as I'm unable to run it in 10.10 due to graphics glitches (I'm not sure it'd be useful, but it's better than nothing).
Also, I've attached the clover folder with configs, kexts and dsdts. (I've applied your patches you've recommended before to dsdts, however, even with native/OEM dsdt/ssdts I have the same graphics bug..).
Could you please suggest what shall I try to fix this issue?
Thank you.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 86
  • SfairatHackBook.ioreg
    21.5 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_47523.jpg
    IMG_47523.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_47533.jpg
    IMG_47533.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 101
Hello, everyone,
First of all, thank you, RehabMan, for all the support you do/did in this and all the others topics.
I've been able to build a stable 10.9.5 for this laptop, and everything is running fine with it.
However, I have a graphics problems with 10.10 (see attachments). Whenever I inject IntelGFX 0x04128086 fakeID, my graphics becomes screwed up. I'm able to boot without the injection, but I (obviously) get no hardware acceleration in such a case. ig-platform-id 0x0a260006 doesn't help. I've tried almost every other fix I found, but with no luck.
I've attached the ioregDump from my current 10.9.5 build, as I'm unable to run it in 10.10 due to graphics glitches (I'm not sure it'd be useful, but it's better than nothing).
Also, I've attached the clover folder with configs, kexts and dsdts. (I've applied your patches you've recommended before to dsdts, however, even with native/OEM dsdt/ssdts I have the same graphics bug..).
Could you please suggest what shall I try to fix this issue?
Thank you.

What version of Clover? If greater than v3062, you need to use config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder to explicitly set the order of SSDTs (the order otherwise is non-deterministic).

Try setting the resolution of the bootloader (to native panel resolution) with GUI/ScreenResolution.

Also, make sure you implemented FakePCIID.kext: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-fix-intel-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Also, you may need to try different ig-platform-id values...

What version of Clover? If greater than v3062, you need to use config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder to explicitly set the order of SSDTs (the order otherwise is non-deterministic).

Try setting the resolution of the bootloader (to native panel resolution) with GUI/ScreenResolution.

Also, make sure you implemented FakePCIID.kext: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-fix-intel-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Also, you may need to try different ig-platform-id values...

Thank you for the reply,
My clover version is 3113, so I've tried adding sortedOrder.. no luck.
I've somehow missed the FakePCIID kexts, so I had a big hopes on this one.. Injected them into clover>kexts, still no luck. I've tried other ig-platform-id's, like 0x0a260005 and others before, bud had no luck with it a couple of months ago.
Also, am I right that the graphics should be OK with HW acceleration during the installation process too, not only on installed system?
I just can't understand why no one else around has this problem, probably I'm doing something fundamentally wrong with it..

Thank you for the reply,
My clover version is 3113, so I've tried adding sortedOrder.. no luck.

It is SortedOrder, not sortedOrder.

Refer to my example that I use for my u430: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

I've somehow missed the FakePCIID kexts, so I had a big hopes on this one.. Injected them into clover>kexts, still no luck. I've tried other ig-platform-id's, like 0x0a260005 and others before, bud had no luck with it a couple of months ago.
Also, am I right that the graphics should be OK with HW acceleration during the installation process too, not only on installed system?
I just can't understand why no one else around has this problem, probably I'm doing something fundamentally wrong with it..

Use HDMI monitor and...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Well, with graphics it was only my stupidity and impatience at the end - after I've installed & set up OS X completely, all the patches worked and now graphics works flawlessly.
Also, everything else except sleep works fine.
Code:
Sfairat-PC:~ sfairat$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f8254b000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Sfairat-PC:~ sfairat$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Well, I guess that lack of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo is my problem. However, speedstep works fine and x86PlatformPlugin loads..
Code:
:~ sfairat$ pmset -g assertions
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
No kernel assertions.

I've applied your patches you've mentioned above
Code:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"
However, I've tried another DSDT/SSDTs/kexts with the same result (of course, I didn't forget about the appropriate SortedOrder modifications in clover's config.plist).
I've tried using GenericUSBXHCI, but it didn't help.
Thank you.

Attachments

• RehabMan-sfairat.zip
    34.9 KB · Views: 85
  • sfairatsIoreg.ioreg
    2.1 MB · Views: 120
Well, with graphics it was only my stupidity and impatience at the end - after I've installed & set up OS X completely, all the patches worked and now graphics works flawlessly.
Also, everything else except sleep works fine.
Code:
Sfairat-PC:~ sfairat$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f8254b000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Sfairat-PC:~ sfairat$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Well, I guess that lack of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo is my problem. However, speedstep works fine and x86PlatformPlugin loads..

No. On Haswell (or Ivy using -xcpm), AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement should not load. And AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo is just a pstate monitor.

What is wrong with sleep?

It doesn't enter sleep state, even doesn't log the user out, simply turns the screen off. Console logs don't mention anything about sleep/wake either. I tried to enter sleep both with fn+f1 (sleep hotkey) and with apple menu, with the same behavior in both cases.
Edit:
Anyway, I've found a bit more serious issue - when I disconnect, then connect, then again disconnect AC charger, laptop just turns off. Even more, it then refuses to start until I connect charger or take out / put back the battery. Looks like my current DSDT is broken, I'm gonna play with it today later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back