Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

This is my kext folder, is this correct ? Should I add/remove something ? Elan is v3.8

I don't have any Elan hardware, therefore do not know the details. You would need to refer to the kext author's instructions.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

@valued17,

Did you run the last two commands in the Command Prompt (taskkill and explorer.exe)? They should've relaunched Explorer with Administrator privileges so you can access and modify the drive.

About compiling all kexts in a zip/rar, I don't really want to do that because I would be redistributing them without the author's permissions. Besides, if you type in the exact name of the kext into Google, they should show up as the first result.

@iPlayGuitar,

1. Yes, I've fixed that. If you look at Part IV I use a config.plist patch to modify the framebuffer.
2. There was a little mistake where I said "ApplePS2, Elan, Touchpad" instead of "ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext", so you don't need ApplePS2.
3. DON'T install VoodooPS2, it doesn't work for Elan touchpads (the kind we have in our laptops)
4. DON'T install NullCPUPowerManagement, I thought that was one of the kexts that RehabMan requires, but apparently not!
5. I now notice that RehabMan's guide is using the "new way" in config.plist, so just ensure KernelPm is on, no need to turn off FixAirport.
6. See above about compiling the kexts into a zip file.

EDIT: You replied when I was typing up my reply. Just remove ApplePS2 and you should be good to go

Hope that helped!

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

5. I now notice that RehabMan's guide is using the "new way" in config.plist, so just ensure KernelPm is on, no need to turn off FixAirport.

My config.plist files use no DSDT "Fixes" except NewWay and FixRegions.
All config.plist files for Ivy and Haswell set KernelPm=true.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Perfect then, I'll just change the guide once again to remove those steps

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

So, right now I have ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext, FakeSMC.kext and the Realtek one. I uploaded my config file, Boot settings and the error I get. Please help ):

If it matters I have windows installed but I installed it in Legacy Mode(Non-UEFI), If i boot in UEFI mode it doesnt see the windows installation.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 188
  • Photo Jan 10, 6 50 49 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 6 50 49 PM.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Photo Jan 10, 6 50 55 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 6 50 55 PM.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 226
  • Photo Jan 10, 6 51 01 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 6 51 01 PM.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 375
  • Photo Jan 09, 4 23 48 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 09, 4 23 48 PM.jpg
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 236
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

So, right now I have ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext, FakeSMC.kext and the Realtek one. I uploaded my config file, Boot settings and the error I get. Please help ):

If it matters I have windows installed but I installed it in Legacy Mode(Non-UEFI), If i boot in UEFI mode it doesnt see the windows installation.

First... be patient. It is not quick...

And did you try different ig-platform-id values as described in the guide?

You can also set Graphics/Inject/Intel=false to use VESA graphics and then deal with the graphics issues later.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, disabled Intel injection and now it boots but trackpad doesnt work, tried 2 versions of Elan.

@OatmealDome can you please upload the kext you used ?

@Rehabman What could be the cause of this ? Why did it boot without Intel but doesnt boot with Intel Graphics ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

@Rehabman What could be the cause of this ? Why did it boot without Intel but doesnt boot with Intel Graphics ?

Because you haven't determined the correct ig-platform-id for your system.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

We will handle graphics acceleration later in the guide, let's just get OS X installed first. I used the kext ELAN_v4_Final.zip from the elan download thread.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

So, if I want to dualboot windows and yosemite I should install windows first with UEFI right ?

The hdd should pe MBR or GPT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back