Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y410P Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
K. When I'm editing the DSDT, It (the code inside the layout12.txt file) still would go to the HPET section, right? I'm making just making sure so that I don't screw anything up.

"Audio Layout 12" has nothing to do with HPET.

Make sure you are following the README for applying patches using MaciASL. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Hey guys, I'm trying to get set up on a y410p. I've read through the thread, but holy cow, it looks like this gets complicated. I'm not entirely sure what next step I should take.

Here's what I've got so far: booting from an SD for Mavericks 10.9.1 made with Unibeast. It reads a bunch of HFS+ files, which is promising, but then it just boots into Windows. I read through the guide to patching the kernel that wpmvp67 linked. I think that's for later though, since I'm not yet able to install the OS.

I've tried a few different combinations of boot flags that were suggested in this thread, but no luck yet. Since you guys have some experience, can you give me some tips about what to try next?

Hey guys, I'm trying to get set up on a y410p. I've read through the thread, but holy cow, it looks like this gets complicated. I'm not entirely sure what next step I should take.

Here's what I've got so far: booting from an SD for Mavericks 10.9.1 made with Unibeast. It reads a bunch of HFS+ files, which is promising, but then it just boots into Windows. I read through the guide to patching the kernel that wpmvp67 linked. I think that's for later though, since I'm not yet able to install the OS.

I've tried a few different combinations of boot flags that were suggested in this thread, but no luck yet. Since you guys have some experience, can you give me some tips about what to try next?

You will need to patch the kernel in order to reach the installer. Keep in mind the OS X installer for Mavericks runs on Mavericks.

Hi. Sorry for not updating this thread. I've just been real busy like no other lately. Right now, I have gotten almost everything to work. The only thing I am still struggling is the audio. I used voodooHDA, but it is inconsistent from boot to boot. I'll put a guide in a few days once I get back to this.

EDIT: Got it to work! For anyone who is constantly looking at this thread, I should have the guide up in a few hours/ tomorrow after testing it on 10.9.2

EDIT 2: After a fresh install, I'm getting a boot error. This is caused by the chameleon bootloader and I'm certain it is because I have not installed any other kexts and went through the same process as I usually do on a fresh install. I also did swap the kernels to make sure that wasn't the problem either.

Hey wpmvp67, did you ever get the touchpad working on your Y410P? I have the Elan touchpad as well and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work. I've tried all sorts of different kexts with no luck. Let me know! Thanks

Hey. Sorry for not updating this thread. As to the ELAN kext, I could give u a link, but it requires u to register on the site. I had it working on 10.9 + 10.9.1, but once I started to do a fresh install on 10.9.2 for the guide, I now have a boot error every time I try to boot up. This happens right after I install the newest chameleon and a chameleon that worked on 10.9 + 10.9.1. The newest chameleon is 2377 + the one I had working is 2286. I had everything working except for sleep, and the NVIDIA graphics, but the graphics are unsupported. I might have to swap hard drive to see if that was the problem. I reformatted in every single combination I could think of, but nothing.

Here's the link.

Cheers

HELP!!! im new to creating hackintoshes and i've read all the guides but i've constantly been trying to boot mavericks on my y410p. here's the problem: phase 1: i turn on the laptop. Phase 2: i hit enter to usb boot. Phase 3: the screen turns black for 10 seconds. Phase 4: the screen shows the apple bootlogo for about half a second. Phase 5: the computer restarts. i've also tried booting with the boot flags that rehabman listed but it just showed code for about 2 minutes then restarted. HELP ANYBODY?!?!?!? btw, windows needs a repair disc now for some reason!?

You need to patch mach_kernel. Instructions should be somewhere in this thread or on another y410p post. I don't know what to say about the Windows side needing recovery. Assuming you haven't done anything to that partition or drive, it should be fine.

Can't find instructions. Exactly how do you use and what is a Mach kernel patch? Is it some sort of boot flag or a download that injects something into your unibeast usb?

ok so i now know what a mach_kernel patch is. any chance of doing the patch without fixing windows???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back