Contribute
Register

Lenovo u430 Touch and the installation of Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached the results of CPUZ, and the model is a Lenovo Ideapad U430 Touch (Model no. 20270) pc.png

The list created by cpuz in google drive

And I try, but I get lost in here:
In order to create your patched DSDT, you must extract the DSDT and all SSDTs from Linux. These are available directly in the file system under /sys/firmware/acpi/tables. Make sure to get the entire directory structure including the /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic directory.

This is part of this site:
https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

And i cannot proceed. I dont know have I have to do. Install linux? Where is /sys ? I do believe this step is not well explained for noobs like me but for people that are already into the matter.

I really dont get the process of patching DSDT... :(

And I try, but I get lost in here:
In order to create your patched DSDT, you must extract the DSDT and all SSDTs from Linux. These are available directly in the file system under /sys/firmware/acpi/tables. Make sure to get the entire directory structure including the /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic directory.

This is part of this site:
https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

And i cannot proceed. I dont know have I have to do. Install linux? Where is /sys ? I do believe this step is not well explained for noobs like me but for people that are already into the matter.

I really dont get the process of patching DSDT... :(

Things can be frustrating when you do not understand them. I know this because I had the same problems as you before so that is why I'm trying to help you.

You do not need to install Linux. Use can just create a bootable USB stick and then just copy the ACPI tables to another USB whilst in Linux => Ubuntu. After this, you can then go to for friends borrowed Mac an edit the tables to make them work for your system. This is a tricky process as you don't understand everything well yet, but you will be an expert soon.

Then I have to stop here, I only have one USB haha...

Damn, I never thought it was this complicated...

Then I have to stop here, I only have one USB haha...

Damn, I never thought it was this complicated...

Its complicated only when you start but after that it is easy and you can teach your friends also.

I´m following the thread you posted and I well, I have to stop the process when it come about modifying the SSDT since I dont have linux. And seems that in any of the cases, the Wifi won't work, so in the overall, as "laptop" it would be quite limited. But please correct me if I'm wrong. Im over the page 18 of the thread so far, anyway.

Edit:
This is the most i can reach with my clover installation after ktexts.
View attachment 103057

You don't have an Ideapad U430 Touch. You have a Ideapad U430p.

You will need to add nv_disable=1 to config.plist/Boot/Arguments to keep the nvidia drivers from loading.

Ubuntu is free. Make a USB in order to gather the native ACPI files: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

There will probably be tweaks needed to the 'makefile' for DSDT patching as your DSDT/SSDTs are likley to be different with the U430p.

I'm using USB WiFi: Edimax EW-7811UN

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back