Contribute
Register

Lenovo Thinkpad T440s Hackintosh - any positive experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes downloaded on a Lenovo T420 Hackintosh - have used the download to successfully install Mavericks on a Microsoft Surface. Am now using the boot flags

IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N -v

Trying to search on the Darwin boot sequence now. As shown in the capture above, the last thing I see is

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=3759500B-05CF-3A18-96D8-709FC5163148 rd=*uuid IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N -v

Have found some preliminary hits of others experiencing the same situation but no suitable solutions yet. Thanks again for the assistance, it is much appreciated.

Yes downloaded on a Lenovo T420 Hackintosh - have used the download to successfully install Mavericks on a Microsoft Surface. Am now using the boot flags

IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N -v

Trying to search on the Darwin boot sequence now. As shown in the capture above, the last thing I see is

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=3759500B-05CF-3A18-96D8-709FC5163148 rd=*uuid IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N -v

Have found some preliminary hits of others experiencing the same situation but no suitable solutions yet. Thanks again for the assistance, it is much appreciated.

Did you install Chameleon to the USB? Because you are using flags only supported by Chameleon, not Chimera. Installing Chameleon is worth a try as is using Clover.

ah OK. I thought those were flags for the default Unibeast install, which I am assuming is Chimera then. I'll try the others, I have not done any other installs to the USB. Thanks, that is a major tip.

ah OK. I thought those were flags for the default Unibeast install, which I am assuming is Chimera then. I'll try the others, I have not done any other installs to the USB. Thanks, that is a major tip.

Eventually there will be an update to Chimera... it has been quite a while and there are many improvements in Chameleon since then (Chimera is based on Chameleon).

Chameleon installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

Exact same behavior with Chameleon 2.2 r2377

Exact same behavior with Chameleon 2.2 r2377

Make sure you don't have "Surface" remnants in /Extra on the USB. Re-create the USB from scratch if you have doubts about how to accomplish that.

Reformatted and repartitioned when I installed Unibeast. Didn't wipe anything between Unibeast and Chameleon. Chameleon was text-only when it fired up.

Reformatted and repartitioned when I installed Unibeast. Didn't wipe anything between Unibeast and Chameleon. Chameleon was text-only when it fired up.

Something is not right... you should have seen tonymac theme.

Any thoughts on trying Clover? With Clover there is potentially many more options to get wrong, but what's to lose other than time?

Good point I'll give it a shot and report back. I like Clover, it is installed on my Surface as its loader.

Clover will only boot to a blank screen and stops, does not even make it as far as showing what bootable items it has found. I started from scratch with Chameleon again with the same results as before, including the text-only interface. Tried some other methods which shall remain unmentioned as well... same results.

In addition to the modified kernel, don't know if there are some kexts I should be manipulating, just a little confused why I am having a different experience than c0d3z3r0. If it is a hardware issue, only thing I can guess is something to do with the M.2 SSD drive. May play some more with removing it and just having a conventional rotating drive installed.

Unfortunately work has been spilling over into my hobby time :problem: but will come back and post for posterity should I make progress. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back