HD4600 / Nvidia GT730M | 2880x1620
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I got a problem while installing Mavericks on my brand-new T540p.
I installed the new kernel because I am using an i7-4700qm. This works for me! :)

Now I can only boot with the flag "UseKernelCache=No -s -x" and then "exit" to boot. This is okay for me as a first test.

But I can only use the resolution 1024*768 because of the Nvidia Graphic 730M.
Is there a way to use a higher resolution with the internal graphic? Or can I use the 730M with a higher resolution? I got a 3K Display in my T540p. But I can't disable the discrete graphics in the Bios.

Specs:
Intel i7-4700QM
Nvidia 730M with 1GB VRAM
8GB RAM

Hello,

I got a problem while installing Mavericks on my brand-new T540p.
I installed the new kernel because I am using an i7-4700qm. This works for me! :)

Now I can only boot with the flag "UseKernelCache=No -s -x" and then "exit" to boot. This is okay for me as a first test.

But I can only use the resolution 1024*768 because of the Nvidia Graphic 730M.
Is there a way to use a higher resolution with the internal graphic? Or can I use the 730M with a higher resolution? I got a 3K Display in my T540p. But I can't disable the discrete graphics in the Bios.

Specs:
Intel i7-4700QM
Nvidia 730M with 1GB VRAM
8GB RAM
That computer only has optimus, so using the nvidia card is out of the picture. You will want to disable the nvidia card via DSDT edit.
For using the intel graphics, try booting with something like:
IGPEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=14
If that doesn't give you graphics, you can try other values like 10 or 12 for IntelAzulFB.

That computer only has optimus, so using the nvidia card is out of the picture. You will want to disable the nvidia card via DSDT edit.
For using the intel graphics, try booting with something like:
IGPEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=14
If that doesn't give you graphics, you can try other values like 10 or 12 for IntelAzulFB.

IGPEnabler is specific to Chimera.
IntelAzulFB is specific to Chameleon.

Using a flag not implemented in the bootloader has no effect.

@racegen

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I updated my setting in the profile.

The flags are not helping. The maximum resolution to use is 1024x768. When I start the a new installation of Mavericks the resolution is 1024x768. When I seescreenshots or images in the forum the resolution on some Laptops is higher tha 1024x768.

Does anybody know how I can disable the Nvidia Graphics via DSDT patch?

I updated my setting in the profile.

The flags are not helping. The maximum resolution to use is 1024x768. When I start the a new installation of Mavericks the resolution is 1024x768. When I seescreenshots or images in the forum the resolution on some Laptops is higher tha 1024x768.

Does anybody know how I can disable the Nvidia Graphics via DSDT patch?

It is not surprising the flags are not working for you. You're using an incompatible mix of flags from two separate boot loaders. What bootloader are you using?

The high resolution of your screen is going to be a potential issue was well.

I wouldn't worry about disabling nvidia until you get Intel HD graphics working...

I only used the flag IGPEnabler=Yes in Chimera. And I tried the flags listet in the Installation Guide, but the resolution isn't changing.

I can't disable the Nvidia Graphics in the BIOS but I don't know how to deactivate with a patch. And every flag isn't working because of optimus.

I only used the flag IGPEnabler=Yes in Chimera. And I tried the flags listet in the Installation Guide, but the resolution isn't changing.

I can't disable the Nvidia Graphics in the BIOS but I don't know how to deactivate with a patch. And every flag isn't working because of optimus.

IGPEnabler=Yes by itself is not enough. You should try different IGPlatformID values.

Also, you may need to remove the Nvidia drivers (NVDA*, Geforce*).

Ever get a working configuration going? I am attempting to get an OS X VM running on a Lenovo t5540p but am getting stuck on the Apple screen. Any tips?

Ever get a working configuration going? I am attempting to get an OS X VM running on a Lenovo t5540p but am getting stuck on the Apple screen. Any tips?

A VM based install is completely different from installing on real hardware. VMs are emulated hardware and often have nothing to do with the real hardware present. OS X on VM is a waste of time, IMHO...

I have an OSX VM that works great until I port it to my Lenovo which is where I ran into issues with the graphics hence my question. Might be a waste of time in some scenarios but trying to get something running on my work laptop to bypass a few pain in the rear restrictions and for a cleaner dev environment (I'm not handling the forced Windows direction well).

Can you send me your boot.plist for reference? Hardware certainly seems to be playing a role in my complications, justtrying to leverage any lead I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back