Contribute
Register

Lenovo S400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to boot off two flash drives I have created to install ML.

I am trying to format the drive I installed ML on.

The problem is I cant even get to disk utility because my trackpad no longer works and no USB mice work when I plug them in.

I am trying to boot off two flash drives I have created to install ML.

I am trying to format the drive I installed ML on.

The problem is I cant even get to disk utility because my trackpad no longer works and no USB mice work when I plug them in.

How did you create the flash drives? Are you using the latest Unibeast? If so, make sure you select 'Laptop Support'. There is no native support for PS2 mice/trackpad/keyboard in OS X (all Apple laptops use USB for internal keyboard/mouse), so you must install drivers for them. That's what "Laptop Support" does. And try the USBBusFix=Yes... Try in different USB ports... sometimes some work some don't.

Yes I am using the latest Unibeast and yes I selected laptop support. It worked the first time, now it does not. I have tried all three USB ports over and over again many many many times, every time the trackpad does not work nor do any USB mice I plug in, I therefore cannot get to the menu at setup to format my drive to reinstall ML. I tried the USBBusFix it did nothing for me. At a loss on what to do. I guess my only alternative is to remove the drive, put it in a USB enclosure and format it on my desktop Mac.

Yes I am using the latest Unibeast and yes I selected laptop support. It worked the first time, now it does not. I have tried all three USB ports over and over again many many many times, every time the trackpad does not work nor do any USB mice I plug in, I therefore cannot get to the menu at setup to format my drive to reinstall ML. I tried the USBBusFix it did nothing for me. At a loss on what to do. I guess my only alternative is to remove the drive, put it in a USB enclosure and format it on my desktop Mac.

Reset your BIOS to defaults.. perhaps you changed something there and don't remember what?

And just for grins, do a reset of your laptop. Shutdown, remove the battery, remove the AC plug, hold power button down 30 sec, put everything back and try again.

Tried all that, nothing changes, I can still boot off my flash drive into OSX setup, but I cannot move the trackpad and thus cannot access the menus to format the drive, its totally bizarre. There is a key that disables the trackpad, but it does not do anything when I press it and the other hotkeys perform their function if pressed. Anymore ideas? Is there some kind of utility I can boot off to format this drive? I have an external DVD drive that should work.

Tried all that, nothing changes, I can still boot off my flash drive into OSX setup, but I cannot move the trackpad and thus cannot access the menus to format the drive, its totally bizarre. There is a key that disables the trackpad, but it does not do anything when I press it and the other hotkeys perform their function if pressed. Anymore ideas? Is there some kind of utility I can boot off to format this drive? I have an external DVD drive that should work.

Boot into Windows or Linux to verify your trackpad is working. It is best to use OS X Disk Utility to format. Plus eventually, you'll need to run the OS X installer which will require a working mouse or trackpad.

I'm such an idiot, the whole time I was booting off my flash drive and letting it get to my OSX install on the hard drive that no longer worked and the pressing any key to switch to the USB drive, booting off it and getting to the install where my track pad didn't work. It just dawned on me to boot directly to the USB flash drive and into the install and low and behold my trackpad works, idiot!

Thanks for your help, I actually did find a drive for my Railink wifi adapter which I am going to try, so we'll see if it works.

AM

So it looks like both Easybeast and UserDSDT or DSDT Free installs result in crashes and non bootable states upon reboot, this is with these options selected only.

Now to figure out what I can install and or combine.

So it looks like both Easybeast and UserDSDT or DSDT Free installs result in crashes and non bootable states upon reboot, this is with these options selected only.

Now to figure out what I can install and or combine.

You don't really want EasyBeast anyway because it uses NullCPUPowerManagement. But no one can help unless you boot with "-v" and post the photo of the crash...

Ok so I just tried installing just Chimera V2.01 R2109 and this is the crash I get on reboot.

I realize that the crash screen is not helpful, here are two verbose screens, each after I installed both bootloader choices from Multibeast, nothing else was selected in Multibeast.

Attachments

• 2013-07-02 11.14.35.jpg
    2013-07-02 11.14.35.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 282
  • 2013-07-02 11.15.19.jpg
    2013-07-02 11.15.19.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back