Contribute
Register

Lenovo S400 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rebooted, it failed, it can't boot at all, if i boot to the disk, it just restarts, repeating all over again :( any solution? it was really about the audio patch :(

Sounds like you have a bad AppleHDA or bad instructions for creating the HDEF _DSM...

Boot with DSDT=No (and perhaps -x) and see if that gets you back into the system.

Otherwise remove the offending AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/E using OS X installer (go into Terminal).

No, it didn't work :( what would be the instructions for the terminal?

No, it didn't work :( what would be the instructions for the terminal?

Depends on what your volume name for your OS X install is:

Code:
# remind yourself about what the volume name is...
ls -l /Volumes
# remove bad AppleHDA.kext
rm -r /Volumes/your-volume-name-of-hdd-partition-with-osx/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
touch /Volumes/your-volume-name-of-hdd-partition-with-osx/System/Library/Extensions

thanks, i'll fix it, maybe gonna notify at morning, it is 10:33 pm here at Phil. Greetings from Phil. :)

I got it to boot again using your code, however, the DSDT patch made the bluetooth unfunctional, i shall remove the patch, but how will i do it? Will i just delete the dsdt.aml in the extra folder?

I got it to boot again using your code, however, the DSDT patch made the bluetooth unfunctional, i shall remove the patch, but how will i do it? Will i just delete the dsdt.aml in the extra folder?

The patch just adds _DSM to HDEF device. To remove the effects of the patch, remove the _DSM method.

And... I don't think that patch is affecting your bluetooth...

Shall i do this patch again? it shows errors.View attachment 66017

It would fix the first one (TNOT problem is actually a problem in the Intel's decompiler), but there is not enough information to determine what is wrong with the rest.

Post the DSL you have...

BTW, you can also execute a simple patch to remove HDEF._DSM:
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;

In english, it says, "look for a method named _DSM inside a container (parent) named HDEF and remove it."

It would fix the first one (TNOT problem is actually a problem in the Intel's decompiler), but there is not enough information to determine what is wrong with the rest.

Post the DSL you have...
What is DSL? i thought you are meaning DSM, attached here is the DSDTView attachment dsdt.aml.zip
BTW, you can also execute a simple patch to remove HDEF._DSM:
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;

In english, it says, "look for a method named _DSM inside a container (parent) named HDEF and remove it."

The patch didn't work, the same errors appear, here is a detailed error list View attachment dsdtpatchtoremove_DSM.tiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back