Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U430 - Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link. I checked it out and download the package. Still kinda screwed though. I need to change the mach_kernel so I can boot into OSX but with terminal on hyperdrive I can't type in the commands. I can't manually install Chameleon again because Terminal is stuffed. Only option I think is removing the drive, hooking it to my mac and manually copying over mach_kernel. That could get me to boot and set up Mavericks. Problem would be typing in a password but even a string of aaaaaaaa would do. I'll give it a shot. Unfortunately having to do it this way will kill the hackintosh for many people.

Use a Mac or another hack you have to make the changes to the USB.

Use a Mac or another hack you have to make the changes to the USB.

Made a bootable Enoch USB but unfortunately is just does the same reboot failure as the unmodified Unibeast installer. Not sure there is a mach-kernel style fix for Enoch which would allow it to boot. Man, this was supposed to be the easy bit........

Made a bootable Enoch USB but unfortunately is just does the same reboot failure as the unmodified Unibeast installer. Not sure there is a mach-kernel style fix for Enoch which would allow it to boot. Man, this was supposed to be the easy bit........

Having patched kernel is still required (with any boot loader).

Well, I can announce that I have managed to get mavericks up and running..... I managed to get mach_kernel copied over by pressing every key and then cut and pasting each letter into the command line in terminal to make up the complete "sentence". It worked and allowed me to boot into completing the setup. I had to use -x as a qualifier as it hung without it. Still have hyperfast setting so the computer name is a string of a's and so is the password but I'm in. I disabled key repeat inn setting so i should be good to type . Screen res is 1024 x 768.

Now it is play time. I'll install enoch bootloader and play with Multibeast to see if I can sort res and system timer. Wifi need a new card but I have one. There are a number of threads about setting up the HD 4400, so I need to do a bunch of reading.

I'll be back............

Well, I can announce that I have managed to get mavericks up and running..... I managed to get mach_kernel copied over by pressing every key and then cut and pasting each letter into the command line in terminal to make up the complete "sentence". It worked and allowed me to boot into completing the setup. I had to use -x as a qualifier as it hung without it. Still have hyperfast setting so the computer name is a string of a's and so is the password but I'm in. I disabled key repeat inn setting so i should be good to type . Screen res is 1024 x 768.

Now it is play time. I'll install enoch bootloader and play with Multibeast to see if I can sort res and system timer. Wifi need a new card but I have one. There are a number of threads about setting up the HD 4400, so I need to do a bunch of reading.

I'll be back............

Are you using Chimera or latest Chameleon?

Installed Enoch and rebooted.. Hung on Apple logo. Tried -x. Same. -v shows it is Bluetooth problem

IOBluetoothHCIcontroller cannot connect with Bluetooth transport controller

After a while it does say resetting catalog

but that's it.

Installed Enoch and rebooted.. Hung on Apple logo. Tried -x. Same. -v shows it is Bluetooth problem

IOBluetoothHCIcontroller cannot connect with Bluetooth transport controller

After a while it does say resetting catalog

but that's it.

Don't forget that Chameleon (including Enoch) uses different flags for graphics injection. IGPEnabler, IGPlatformID are specific to Chimera.

Don't forget that Chameleon (including Enoch) uses different flags for graphics injection. IGPEnabler, IGPlatformID are specific to Chimera.

I did a back up so I'm restoring and will go the Multibeast route. I've had a look at Everymac to see what comes closest but can't find anything with a 1600x900 res and Haswell i5 4200U

OK, I've spent an evening playing with multibeast with variuos degrees of success. Bit of a crapshoot really. I can get a boot directly off the hard drive, but I can't find any way to slow the system clock down. I thought there might be a setting in Chameleon Enoch or Chimera 2,1 but not that I can see. If anyone can shed light on how they slowed everything down on other Haswells I'd be very grateful.

I did a back up so I'm restoring and will go the Multibeast route. I've had a look at Everymac to see what comes closest but can't find anything with a 1600x900 res and Haswell i5 4200U

MacBookAir6,x is a good match. Screen resolution doesn't matter much. For the most part it is about CPU/chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back