Contribute
Register

LCD black after apple logo, hdmi works though-intel hd 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
attached is the aicpplane ioreg export. i am unsure of what to look for in this to determine if it is injected correctly.

thanks again

I can't read your ioreg dump (in fact, you probably can't either). Please be sure you're using the correct version of IORegistryExplorer. You do not want the one from Apple's site. This is what I meant by: "Be sure to read the entire post"

Also, post #19.

sorry about that, see attached. i've verified it can open and load.

certainly dont mean to waste your time.

Attachments

• pilot’s MacBook Pro.ioreg 2.zip
    397.3 KB · Views: 116
sorry about that, see attached. i've verified it can open and load.

certainly dont mean to waste your time.

What bootloader are you using? Whatever bootloader you're using, I see a lot of properties injected into GFX0:

Screen Shot 2013-08-11 at 10.01.29 AM.png

If you intend to use DSDT injection, you should use GraphicsEnabler=No, to turn off all bootloader injection.

And also post #19!!

Also, post #19.
i missed this one. let me start again and i'll post back once i catch back up, not sure why it is being identified by everything as a 3000. i am using chameleon, i think there is that stuff in there because i tried toggling enabler on and off between boots and happened to grab that ioreg snapshot with it left on. it has been off while we have been testing also.

thanks for your help, i'll post what happens with a clean dsdt and your 4000 patch

dave

i missed this one. let me start again and i'll post back once i catch back up, not sure why it is being identified by everything as a 3000. i am using chameleon, i think there is that stuff in there because i tried toggling enabler on and off between boots and happened to grab that ioreg snapshot with it left on. it has been off while we have been testing also.

thanks for your help, i'll post what happens with a clean dsdt and your 4000 patch

dave

You might want to verify your CPU as well, just in case you are unsure. The actual CPU is usually displayed in BIOS, can also be displayed in CPU-Z on Windows, 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal (as far as determining HD3K vs. HD4K), or in OS X Terminal 'bdmesg|grep Brand'...

sorry again, here you go
Intel® Core™ i5-3320M vPro™ Processor
– 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
– Intel Smart Cache 3MB

using the grep command, i get 2 identical lines that show read file: /extra/dsdt.aml 44057 Using custom DSDT!

in get info it shows 44,104bytes

brightness patch no effect

Actually, your bdmesg output (I extracted it from your ioreg dump), shows Core i5-2520M @ 2.5GHz:

Code:
Speedy-ML:Documents Admin$ xxd -r -p <bdmesg.hex.txt |head
Chimera 2.1.2 (svn-r2248) [2013-08-07 15:28:56]
CPU: Brand String:                Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
CPU: Vendor:                      0x756e6547
CPU: Family / ExtFamily:          0x6 / 0x0
CPU: Model / ExtModel / Stepping: 0x2a / 0x2 / 0x7
CPU: Number of Cores / Threads:   2 / 4
CPU: Features:                    0x000002ff
CPU: TSC Frequency:               2494 MHz
CPU: FSB Frequency:               99 MHz
CPU: CPU Frequency:               2494 MHz

I also see DSDT loading from /Extra/DSDT.aml as 44104 bytes:

Code:
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 44104 bytes.

Summary: Back to square one. You have Sandy Bridge i5-2520M. HD3000. You should persue HD3000 patches to DSDT. Try to keep the bootloader out of the way... Always make sure you're clear on what hardware you have. There is an old computer concept called GIGO (garbage in, garbage out). It applies to configuration of hackintosh as well...

thanks rehabman,
i threw a linux livecd in and it showed gen 2 graphics (3000) and series 6 chipset everything. started fresh again with the 3000 patches and brightness patch, graphics enabler no. there are no longer all that stuff in the ioreg output from what i can tell. what happens is the apple boots on the LCD then switches to the attached HDMI at the login screen. with no hdmi attached it just goes black at that point until hdmi is plugged in and stays black.

unless you have any other ideas, i guess this one will have to use external display on mac. barring any other ideas you may have, i thank you for your time trying to get this working for me.

cheers

thanks rehabman,
i threw a linux livecd in and it showed gen 2 graphics (3000) and series 6 chipset everything. started fresh again with the 3000 patches and brightness patch, graphics enabler no. there are no longer all that stuff in the ioreg output from what i can tell. what happens is the apple boots on the LCD then switches to the attached HDMI at the login screen. with no hdmi attached it just goes black at that point until hdmi is plugged in and stays black.

unless you have any other ideas, i guess this one will have to use external display on mac. barring any other ideas you may have, i thank you for your time trying to get this working for me.

cheers

Compress and post ioreg dump. Since you don't have 7-series board, you also do not want/need the IMEI patch...

here you go see attached: imei was not used.

thanks for looking at it.

Attachments

• forrehabman.zip
    394 KB · Views: 87
here you go see attached: imei was not used.

thanks for looking at it.

That all looks good, but I can see there is no display attached to framebuffer0.

Your device ID is different than mine... you might try injecting 0x0116 instead of your 0x0126.

Slight modification of patch:

Code:
#   Inject HDMI info into GFX0/IGPU   */
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "device-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x16, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,snb-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx",\n
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

I don't know if it will help, but worth a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back