Contribute
Register

Layman's guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand what you meant. You mean that I should try it with a ethernet cable connected, or that my ethernet port isn't installed? And either way, why in the first time I installed yosemite the ethernet was detected?

Sorry for so many questions, but I really want to fix this

UPDATE: uninstalled the nullethernet kexts, reinstalled the multicast kext, now there is a ethernet slot identified with a "self-assigned ip"(guess it's because i'm not using it).
Anyway, thanks.

When I looked at your ioreg, there was no Ethernet device on the PCI bus. You should check with 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Reading hackintosh guides for Clover will probably just confuse.

You need a very basic config.plist with most everything turned off. And do just a basic Clover install to a USB. You won't need many (if any) Clover drivers because it is all in the firmware. You won't need any kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts (because it is a Mac).

Here is the config.plist I use to boot my Apple MacBookAir6,2 with Clover, attached. If you look, you'll see most Clover options (commonly used on hacks) are turned off. You will want to change the smbios to suit your hardware.

All you need is a USB with Clover installed to a FAT32 partition (MBR partitioning) with an appropriate config.plist. You can then boot it by holding down Option when you power up your Mac.

Clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Attachments

• config_MacBookAir6,2.plist
    2.3 KB · Views: 317
Reading hackintosh guides for Clover will probably just confuse.

You need a very basic config.plist with most everything turned off. And do just a basic Clover install to a USB. You won't need many (if any) Clover drivers because it is all in the firmware. You won't need any kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts (because it is a Mac).

Here is the config.plist I use to boot my Apple MacBookAir6,2 with Clover, attached. If you look, you'll see most Clover options (commonly used on hacks) are turned off. You will want to change the smbios to suit your hardware.

All you need is a USB with Clover installed to a FAT32 partition (MBR partitioning) with an appropriate config.plist. You can then boot it by holding down Option when you power up your Mac.

Clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Thanks a lot! I got the USB done, next step is install the NullEthernet in it.

IMG_8392.JPG

So I copy the ssdt-rnma.asl and rename it to ssdt.asl and it works! thanks

IMG_8393.JPG

2 questions:

1. my app store works, but in network it shows self-assigned ip, is that correct?
2. is that I need to use by USB to boot everytime when I need to access app store?

again, thanks RehabMan.

Thanks a lot! I got the USB done, next step is install the NullEthernet in it.

So I copy the ssdt-rnma.asl and rename it to ssdt.asl and it works! thanks

That is ".aml", not ".asl", of course...

2 questions:

1. my app store works, but in network it shows self-assigned ip, is that correct?
2. is that I need to use by USB to boot everytime when I need to access app store?

1. Normal. I tried to make it appear as "cable disconnected" but obviously got it wrong, but self-assigned ip worked, so I didn't investigate further.

2. I've never tried installing Clover to the Mac HDD. You could always try it, but I'm not sure the Mac firmware will show the internal HDD as a UEFI (or did you use Clover legacy?) boot target as it does for USB. You would still need to hold option.

Also, you should probably adjust your smbios in config.plist (serial#, etc) to match your actual hardware details. MLB/ROM also if you're into Messages/FaceTime/etc.

That is ".aml", not ".asl", of course...

1. Normal. I tried to make it appear as "cable disconnected" but obviously got it wrong, but self-assigned ip worked, so I didn't investigate further.

2. I've never tried installing Clover to the Mac HDD. You could always try it, but I'm not sure the Mac firmware will show the internal HDD as a UEFI (or did you use Clover legacy?) boot target as it does for USB. You would still need to hold option.

Also, you should probably adjust your smbios in config.plist (serial#, etc) to match your actual hardware details. MLB/ROM also if you're into Messages/FaceTime/etc.

one more question, installed Yosemite, it seems doesnt work, any clue? thanks

No Nullethernet shows in network preferences

I do delete existing interface in network preferences and delete the Networkinterfaces.plist

NullEthernet.kext is not signed. Yosemite will not load unsigned kexts (or kexts that have invalid signatures) unless you use "kext-dev-mode=1" kernel flag.

Could that be your issue?

NullEthernet.kext is not signed. Yosemite will not load unsigned kexts (or kexts that have invalid signatures) unless you use "kext-dev-mode=1" kernel flag.

Could that be your issue?

Yes it works now. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back