GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all!

So my GTX 970 is just lag-tastic. I'll post some pics below of what I'm about to explain. The issue I'm having is that I'm not able to get clean, non-choppy graphics when opening a finder window and going to launchpad. Also it will place the mouse pointer behind an window I'm in and then not hover over the "Close, Minimize, Maximize" buttons. It's really bugging me why it's not working. I have updated to the most recent update Apple put out and I was able to update the Nvidia Drivers as well (currently running on them).

I started a post here with some more info pertaining to my systems issue. Shout to Jithin.C.V for helping me out so far!

Thanks in advance!
1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

Your drivers are not running, that is the problem. It should not say "(Not Compatible)" in the preference pane. Can you confirm the build of OS X you are running? Also are you booting with nvda_drv=1?

Your drivers are not running, that is the problem. It should not say "(Not Compatible)" in the preference pane. Can you confirm the build of OS X you are running? Also are you booting with nvda_drv=1?

It does say "(Not Compatible)" in the pane (refer to post #1 for pictures). My build version is "14C1514", and my Kernel Flags are, "PCIRootID=1 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1". <--- This is the minimum that I can boot with without having to boot into "Safe Boot".

Thanks!

It does say "(Not Compatible)" in the pane (refer to post #1 for pictures). My build version is "14C1514", and my Kernel Flags are, "PCIRootID=1 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1". <--- This is the minimum that I can boot with without having to boot into "Safe Boot".

Thanks!

I know it says that which is why I said it should not say that. Something is causing your drivers not to load. What boot loader are you using?

You need to figure out what is stopping the driver from loading. That is why it reports 7MB vram and it also say no kext loaded.

I know it says that which is why I said it should not say that. Something is causing your drivers not to load. What boot loader are you using?

You need to figure out what is stopping the driver from loading. That is why it reports 7MB vram and it also say no kext loaded.

My bad, didn't know that you had looked at the pictures. I'm using Chimera v4.0.1 as my boot loader. It's wired cause I get the Nvidia control panel window that says "You are using the OS X Nvidia drivers" but when I look under the control pane it shows that it's on the web drivers.

Do you know of a Kext that could be added?

Thanks!

Fixed!! I forgot to run Repair Disk Permissions after installing the web drivers. Fully working on Product Build Version 14C1514 with the Nvidia web drivers 343.02.02f04.

Thanks all for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back