Contribute
Register

ksosx86 Build, X79 Extreme4 Core i7-3930K @ 4.2 Dual GTX 470

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey nice build man, i almost have a the same system minus the board and the h80.
Was just wondering, if you don't mind telling how did you set up your 470 sli?

also what version of mac os are you on now? 10.7.3 or 10.7.4?
because i heard that 10.7.4 breaks the 470s cuda hack.

hey - I just received a similar setup that I want to install Lion onto but I can't get it running. I have an ASRock X79 and 3930k with USB3 disabled in BIOS and when I try and boot from Unibeast-made Lion disk, it locks up on boot from USB install drive.

I have a Quadro 4000 Mac edition which has official driver support in Lion, so it should boot.

Any ideas?

Hey man, can you kindly explain how you get the bcm57781 working in Lion 10.7.4?

Hey man, can you kindly explain how you get the bcm57781 working in Lion 10.7.4?

Proved more trouble than worth, I ended up reverting back to 10.7.3 for a while, now I'm back on 10.7.4 but I've ended up just going with a clear wire usb stick for internet atm *speeds are just as fast as cable*... but if I figure anything out, meaning a real solution where you don't have to use a script at boot and manually enter everything *bleh* I'll make sure and post it. I think I got it working before by using the old pcifamily, appleacpi, and some other kexts from 10.7.3, but tbh I really can't recall at this point, hopefully netkas will reply to my request over at insane*y mac, as he's the only person I've seen successfully patch a Lion IONetworkingFamily>Applebcm kext. I've tried everything: binary patching etc... still can't figure out where the nvram check is in the 10.7.4 ver. :/ among other stuff...

hey - I just received a similar setup that I want to install Lion onto but I can't get it running. I have an ASRock X79 and 3930k with USB3 disabled in BIOS and when I try and boot from Unibeast-made Lion disk, it locks up on boot from USB install drive.

I have a Quadro 4000 Mac edition which has official driver support in Lion, so it should boot.

Any ideas?

First, go into bios, disable all but one core. disable all power management, C-states. disable HT. Then Boot from unibeast, use the boot flags "-cpus=1" "-v" *minus the quotes* This should get the system to load so you can install Lion. After installing, load the latest chimera, multi beast, and make sure and install voodootscsync *modified for iocpu=11* before you enable all your cores again. Imo I would do all that, load 10.7.3 then voodootsc then enable all cores and HT again. Also always use nullintelcpupowermanagement, as native isn't supported yet.

hey nice build man, i almost have a the same system minus the board and the h80.
Was just wondering, if you don't mind telling how did you set up your 470 sli?

also what version of mac os are you on now? 10.7.3 or 10.7.4?
because i heard that 10.7.4 breaks the 470s cuda hack.

atm I'm using 10.7.4 with clear for internet. CUDA works just fine for me atm on 10.7.4, just make sure and install all of the Nvidia CUDA packages for OS X. There is no "SLI" in OS X, however certain mac apps will use two, or more gpus for rendering, it's not commonplace though and not anywhere near as developed as windows w/th SLI. To get my dual graphics I'm using a DSDT entry as shown in the DSDT I posted at the bottom of the first page of this thread. Open it up and check out the entries, they should work just fine given you place them in the sections corresponding to the device addresses where your cards are installed.

Just wounder if you already have successfully installed mountain lion on this system?
Thanks

Just wounder if you already have successfully installed mountain lion on this system?
Thanks

No I have not, but I suppose I might as well take a stab at it...if I get it up and running I'll make sure and revise the post :)

Wow dude that geekbench mark is unbelievable... :)

thanks for the reply - I've got it installing now and my only issue now is getting the custom drivers installed. They aren't loading even though I'm using Kextbeast to load them from the desktop and the permissions seem fine. Maybe it was because I installed them after 10.7.3 update? It would seem like that would make sense though. Also, are you installing the Nvidia driver from their site or just using what's supplied in 10.7.3 and the Multibeast enabler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back