Contribute
Register

Keyboard & Mouse from iBoot, but none from HD Boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just installed everything using iBoot, and it went great. Followed the update instructions for the update and installed Eastbeast. Everything booted and works great.

But I only have Keyboard & Mouse support if I boot from the iBoot CD. If I just let the boot run, I have to restart, my mouse is dead.

Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks for your time.

Are you using P2K kbd & mouse? iBoot has kexts to support those, whereas I think a standard install of MultiBeast does not automatically add PS2 support (?). So you'd have to manually select PS2 stuff and load that also (after doing the basic Multibeast/Gigabeast install).

jayndenver73 said:
I just installed everything using iBoot, and it went great. Followed the update instructions for the update and installed Eastbeast. Everything booted and works great.

But I only have Keyboard & Mouse support if I boot from the iBoot CD. If I just let the boot run, I have to restart, my mouse is dead.

Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks for your time.

If you're on 10.6.3, it could also be the USB issue- if you're not using a patched DSDT with proper USB edits, you'll have to roll back to the 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext. We're working on a better fix, but the USBFamilyMOD fix is in iBoot- that's why you're getting USB support when booting from it.

So, boot with iBoot, run MultiBeast, and install the IOUSBFamily.kext for 10.6.2 + Disk Utilities and you'll be good to go. ;)

This is actually on a Laptop, so no usb keyboard or mouse. When I hookup a usb apple keyboard and mouse it works fine.

iBoot will let my laptop keyboard and mouse work great, but if I boot directly from the HD it doesn't work, I have to boot from the iBoot disk.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back