Contribute
Register

Kernel panic when booting installer (cpu 1 caller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone!
I want to install a somewhat up-to date version of OS X on an old computer I have. It's a HP Compaq dc7900 with an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 processor along with 4gb of ram and a radeon hd 6450 graphics card. From what I've read online there shouldn't be any problems with these components but what do I know ;).

I created a usb stick with UniBeast 6 on a Mountain Lion virtual machine but when I'm trying to boot from it I experience a kernel panic. Image. I've tried using boot flags such as "GraphicsEnabler=No" but without any success so far. I'm using default settings in bios, with VTd and VTx disabled and with DEP enabled.

If you have any ideas what might be causing this kernel panic or know other things I could try, please write a reply!

PS. I'm aware of the fact that I shouldn't use El Capitan but I can't download anything older from the Mac App Store so that's why I went with it.

Last edited:
Be aware that the GraphicsEnabler flag is not applicable to Clover, so it's not going to do anything for you. You have to use config.plist settings instead.

In any case, you have a kernel panic in AppleUSBUHCIPCI.kext -- that's covered in the big list of solutions.

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I tried copying a DSDT file for my motherboard (it was created for Yosemite though) to the directory given but I still experience the same kernel panic.

I did however manage to install Yosemite and I think I'll stick with that for the time being but thanks for taking your time answering my question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back