Graphics
9800GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think I'm running into a string of bad luck. I replaced my HD today and reinstalled OS 10.6.3 using iBoot NVIDIA. I had already gone through the preinstall setup guide, modifying my bios to work. The OS loaded great and I installed the OS 10.6.4 Combo update and then ran my CustomBeast. The problem is that I get a Kernel Panic each time I try to boot off the main HD. It still works fine with the iBoot disc though.

Mobo: GA-P55-UD4P F10 Rev. 01
CPU: i7-870
Graphics: GIGABYTE NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB Silent Cell Edition
RAM: 4GB 1066MHz
Boot HD: 1TB Seagate (Partition size is about 998.89GB from Disk Utility)

Not sure what I can do differently.

dr_modean said:
I think I'm running into a string of bad luck. I replaced my HD today and reinstalled OS 10.6.3 using iBoot NVIDIA. I had already gone through the preinstall setup guide, modifying my bios to work. The OS loaded great and I installed the OS 10.6.4 Combo update and then ran my CustomBeast. The problem is that I get a Kernel Panic each time I try to boot off the main HD. It still works fine with the iBoot disc though.

Mobo: GA-P55-UD4P F10 Rev. 01
CPU: i7-870
Graphics: GIGABYTE NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB Silent Cell Edition
RAM: 4GB 1066MHz
Boot HD: 1TB Seagate (Partition size is about 998.89GB from Disk Utility)

Not sure what I can do differently.
Boot in verbose mode to get the cause.

MacMan, you are awesome.

The panic is being called by this:
panic(cpu 4 caller 0x54f67974): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-105.10/pmThread.c:157

I'll try clearing out my caches unless there is a more obvious solution.

Nope, clearing caches didn't work. I'm stumped.

dr_modean said:

Could be that the DSDT is installed incorrectly- we'll look into your CustomBeast build now. ;)

That error usually means that HPET edits are incorrect or missing in DSDT, and NullCPUPowerManagement is not loaded.

Should I run MutliBeast with the GA-P55-UD4P DSDT from the DSDT database?

So I did download the DSDT from the database and used MultiBeast to install all the same kexts I would have received from the CustomBeast and it works great.... except for the audio. I know my mobo is supposed to use Apple supported audio but I've installed all the legacy kexts and even the HDA rollback and even tried using the Voodoo kexts but I still can't get my audio working.

The audio works great after booting from the iBoot disc though. I'm wondering if maybe it's the DSDT that is stopping the audio.

Any thoughts?

I GOT IT WORKING!!!!

Man, I really don't want to edit my DSDT ever again but it works now. I followed this post and now my audio works and the machine is 64-bit. Thank you Macman!

dr_modean said:
I GOT IT WORKING!!!!

Man, I really don't want to edit my DSDT ever again but it works now. I followed this post and now my audio works and the machine is 64-bit. Thank you Macman!

Your P55-UD4P is really a P55A-UD4P- that's why the CustomBeast didn't do the job. We updated it- you'll be receiving the link shortly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back